NO .Mac services for free (official)

So great! .Mac members will have 15MB e-mail storage and 100MB iDisk stroage!! :) I don't need a iTools membership.

But you have to pay for it - there are no free services left... all will be free services will discontinued in september

Yeah... I missed the article... I thought there were two services... iTools (pay) and .Mac (free)...

I hate Apple! Why Why Why!!! God... I don't want to watch the keynote tonight (It's evening in Hong Kong)... Damn... I feel sick... don't wake me up for dinner...

Holy... it is so ugly!! Damn... I dislike .Mac very much now!!

(But I think I will join it tho... I still have 2 always-use @mac.com account...)

Oh MAN!!! Now I gotta find ANOTHER e-mail service...

I heard good things about myrealbox.com if anybody's in the same situation as me...

Look, I'm all for Apple finding new and innovative ways to make money, but this is just wrong.

I can understand killing the iDisk storage and making it a pay service - but the email service too? This is going to create a wave of bad blood for users of the .mac email domain, who were told at MacWorld 2000 in San Francisco that this email address would be free - period. Now to reneg on that is just wrong.

I had just finished letting everybody know that I would be using my .mac email address as my main one. Now it looks like I'll have to find another.

No way. But I do have an acct with exicte.com that is free that I will probably go back to using.

As I said, I'm all for Apple making money, and after reading over the .Mac manifesto, it looks like they are offering quite a bit for $99.95. But Apple made a promise at MWSF 2000 that .mac email addresses would be "Free for life" as Steve Jobs said. I was there. To change the rules is just wrong.

Apple should have at least left a basic 2MB email account for those who can't afford the upgrade, and currently are .mac email users.

yes... i remember that SJ said mac.com is free for life... and now, we have to pay for promoting their mac.com name too...

btw, Yahoo and some other services start to charge for more storage but still leave the basic service for free... Apple should do that too...

Damn, somebody at apple is quick. They are shutting all these pages down. It was a page with all the features of .Mac... It also had the new apple site design on it....

What really gets my goat is that I can't get to my mac.com address right now, and I'm waiting for a response on a job I've been trying to get. It's an extremely important job to me, and now not getting there is unbelievable.

If it's true that you'll need to pay by september than fine, but if they just cut service out today I'll be writing letters to more than a few people. You cannot with any sort of conscience possibly just cut a service out like that.

If Apple causes me to lose this job opportunity I'll be even more furious.

Apple, iDisk makes sense, mac.com addresses do not. How 'bout giving 2MB free, and 5MB for paid members? That's what hotmail does.

Looks like I'll be switching back over to hotmail again... :|

Back