Now it's Photoshop 7!

Notice the new top-bar which combines the function of the tool-options palette and the status bar. Notice the new selection methods buttons (new, add, subtract and INTERSECT) And have you spotted the new layer-locking buttons (Now you can preserve transperency, content and position for any layer, which will cut out a lot of stuff-ups)
I'm not sure if these images are accurate, but I'm eager to take it for a spin.

You know they're a long way off when they're using their own bizarre splash start-up screens!

Actually, when PS 6 arrived the last betas even had the mockup splash screens. They are still there in PS 6. If you go to "About Photoshop", and hold down the Command-Option keys (I believe - don't have it open now so I can't test), you'll see the "Venus In Furs" beta screen. Why they left that there I'll never know...

I remember that one. Also, if you do the same in Illustrator 10 you get the very first Illustrator 1.0 splash screen in all it's monochrome glory.

F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C-!:p

It's 7 now!
Before everyone said it was going to be 6.5...

But...That's cool!:cool:

I hope they make it snappy and fast, Illustrator is so slooooow!

By the way...
When I open Illustrators about window with option key held down, an almost black box with some text appears. "Whatever you do don't look directly at the light" and under that "FLARE TOOL -THE MOVIE-"

Apple should buy out either adobe or photoshop like they did Avid for FCP...

We need to get photoshop off the wintel world!

Apple needs these appz eclusively!

Or atleast lisence it for the next 8 years just for them at a certain price bracket sum.

We need Photoshop on Windoze. Why? Because my PC guy reckoned he could beat my G4 466 with his dual 800 PIII in Photoshop!

Well, I can tell you, I've never seen someone so humbled in all my life! I think we are still wait for the PC to finish tht Gaussian Blur test we started 4 months ago!:D :D

That my friend, is the very reason why! To prove what a monster of a machine and system we have.

Bill gates showed the best way to get to number one is take away support from competitors!

Buy out Adobe, benchmarks or no benchmark...

If PS isnt on wintel we win that scene.

apple buy adobe? that is ridiculous.

also, the options for the tool and the different modes for the marquee tool are not new. those were all in PS6.0

why is this a full version change? and why havent they merged imageready into photoshop yet?

i just don't get it.

apple buy adobe? that is ridiculous.

Actually, it's not.

1) Apple has enough cash on hand that it could conceivably make the purchase.

2) Apple already is the largest owner of Adobe stock.

3) Apple could not survive without several of Adobe's key applications. People always say how the Mac wouldn't survive Microsoft pulling the plug on Office for the Mac, but that's ludicrous. Adobe is the one company that Apple couldn't survive without. Just look at how the lack of Photoshop for X has hindered it's adoption.

4) Microsoft may be interested in Adobe. Even if Apple wasn't interested in it, I doubt Steve Jobs would let Adobe be sold to Microsoft without making a play for it himself.

With all that, I doubt Adobe is even on the market. Just because they had one bad quarter doesn't mean they are going out of business. With all their upgrades coming in the first part of 2002, they should have a very lucrative 2002.

I think it's a great idea that Apple buy Adobe. They'd always make it better on Macs, but they'd certainly develop it for PC too, no need to loose all that revenue. It would increase Apple market share.

Apple would look like a hypocrite if they bought Adobe.

On one hand they are testifying against MS for monopilistic behavior, on the other hand they are buying out companies and cancelling their products for other platforms?

Remember when bungie said halo was going to be out first on mac? Remember when MS bought bungie and pushed the mac version back about 3 years?

A lot of people were pissed.....and a lot would be if Apple bought Adobe.

That would ruin a lot of people's jobs. Does apple want to be known for that?

Sure, if Adobe threatens to not make PS version for mac anymore, buy them outright. But don't enter the scramble for market share.

1. Its Globalisation and the american way that set the trend for companies like M$ to "buyout" companies...Apple should too to get bigger.

2.Apple bought out Avid and none of you complained, now we have FCP.

3.Who caes who looses their jobs if photoshop became a mac only app, serves them right for being pc cheap skates!

4. A few years ago QUARK was about to buyout Adobe.

5. Apple has more than enough money to buyout SGI and Adode and my house and neogeo collection if they wanted to.

6. Adobe's success if because of Apple, companies like AOL and Bungie also started like this, later they moved on and forgot about their roots and moved to windows (Bungie will soon, no doubt).

7. Apple could improve on Photoshop by incorperating DVD features into it.

8. I have always said apple needs their own BIG APP that isnt avaiable for pc and is already industry standard with a great name base...FCP is one, but getting Photoshop would make me laugh and cause my work to get macs and throw out these FUKING NT crap compaq shit. (Im sure though Rupert Murdock the tight ass would just install Photopaint instead, or worst buy Amigas and make us use Delux paint)

9. Every so often I email Steve Jobs and pretend Im M$ employee and say rumour has it M$ is looking for an Adobe purchase, and you guys better make a move.

10. If Apple owned Photoshop they could lisence it to windows, and as soon as Bill Gates threatens to pull Office support like he did when he said to stop making QT for PC's, Jobs could say "really?....well know Photoshop for u"?..

So could a new cold war begin....

Hmm I just got the Beta of photoshop X and installed it

Very TIGHT!!! The spash screen is a bit wierd like you all said. :cool:

No more CLASSIC for me!

Back