Official MacWorld Keynote Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, darn i lost my connection and now I can't get back in.
I should bookmarked the broadcast...

anybody got a direct URL I can open in quicktime?
thx

Something going on with phones... can someone explain this. I'm not watching the stream... just reading the stuff on macrumors.com

Originally posted by elspif
hey, darn i lost my conenction and now I can;t get back in.
I should bookmarked the broadcast...

thx

Same here !! :eek: :(
The link isn't loading on the MWNY page either..

wow, 20 gig iPod?

Here's what I'm interested in concerning .Mac About a 6 weeks ago I purchased the $50 iDisk (iTools) upgrade. What does this mean for me and .Mac? Will I have to fork over another $50 for this service or what? I know none of you really know, I'm just throwing out something to think about.

I think we all should understand that Apple is indeed a company that needs to make money. The whole free email, free webspace thing was fantastic and I love it, but if they are losing a ton of money by providing it I don't mind throwing down $50 for something I like.

SJ is talking on a new iApp call iSync. It can syn all the content in Address Book, iCal to your iPod/Palm/support-cell phones.

A new mobile phone from Sony Ericsson that supports iSync!

shoud we call that phone iPhone :p

Originally posted by themacko
wow, 20 gig iPod?

Here's what I'm interested in concerning .Mac About a 6 weeks ago I purchased the $50 iDisk (iTools) upgrade. What does this mean for me and .Mac? Will I have to fork over another $50 for this service or what? I know none of you really know, I'm just throwing out something to think about.

I believe the faq stated that if you were an 'upgraded' iTools user, you would be getting the next year for free.

[bugger, got beat to the punch]

does anyone see all of this as a direct assault on Microsoft?

I mean, they have improved AddressBook and Mail.app to the point where it can rival Entourage. And now, with all the iSync stuff, it seems liek they are really looking to make an integrated package of apps to allow you to manage everything all at once. So MS just released a Palm conduit for Entourage? Apple's got the whole thing MASTERED.

I wouldnt be the least bit surprised to see some major improvements to AppleWorks (although it is already great!) so that it can at least rival Word/Excel/PowerPoint. I own Office v.X, but I may be tempted to use AddressBook and Mail.app if they turn out to be as good or better than Entourage!

Originally posted by Edge100
does anyone see all of this as a direct assault on Microsoft?

I mean, they have improved AddressBook and Mail.app to the point where it can rival Entourage. And now, with all the iSync stuff, it seems liek they are really looking to make an integrated package of apps to allow you to manage everything all at once. So MS just released a Palm conduit for Entourage? Apple's got the whole thing MASTERED.

I wouldnt be the least bit surprised to see some major improvements to AppleWorks (although it is already great!) so that it can at least rival Word/Excel/PowerPoint. I own Office v.X, but I may be tempted to use AddressBook and Mail.app if they turn out to be as good or better than Entourage!

I absolutely agree, however, i don't think that this would be such a good idea. They are trying to waken a sleeping giant. If MS gets ticked off enough, they can do some serious damage to Apple.

Originally posted by deagle five o
the president of Sony Ericson needs to take english classes. :D

But many westerners are taking Japanese classes for the Japan market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back