Official MacWorld Keynote Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't know about you guys, but the imac is all i need now! 800mhz g4 is plenty fast for me. 1440x900 is sweet! widescreen 17" lcd is awesome! 80 gig HD, superdrive! only $1999... <drool>

How can Apple be expected to provide you with disk storage and an email account, and on top of that give you all the new .Mac features, for nothing?

Apple is great and all, but they need to make money!

Your existing iTools stuff stays free. Only the new .mac stuff is priced at $100/year, and that allows the automatic synching of files between computers which would require a substantial amount of storage on their servers. So, the expense is justified, I guess.

It is also nice to see price reductions in iPod and iMac. The remote and case for the iPod is a great addition, and they were sensible enough to make these available for people who already own iPods. And then, to top it off, they made arrangements to get the iPod working with Windows.

And, a landscape screened 17" iMac. All up, I'm impressed.

Originally posted by Edge100
How can Apple be expected to provide you with disk storage and an email account, and on top of that give you all the new .Mac features, for nothing?

Apple is great and all, but they need to make money!

No one is debating that. However, Apple should address congress on passing a PC tax law : All PC users need to pay a 75% sales tax to Apple, simply because.

<--idealist.

disappointing keynote to say the least.

can't believe jaguar is $129. ouch!

i think the new .mac servicews are good though, and fairly priced ($99 per year for virus protection, backup, hosting, email and disk space? not bad)

the new ipods looks cool, and im glad they kept the 5gig model... if only it was 200-250 instead of 300.

the 17" imac is okay, but nothing amazing...

the towers next month had better be smoking!

admin- chill. what's with all the hate on peoples' opinions on the boards recently?

anyway, i was disappointed about no itunes 3 AAC audio support + ipod AAC audio support. i would've sworn that was a gimme.
oh well. time to trade up on my ipod! ^_^.

Mannn, I was really hoping they would include a firmware upgrade to play aac files on the ipods, and include aac encoding within itunes 3.. =\

I want a new iMac!! The screen res is what kept me from running up my credit for the original iMac. :D :)

indextop07152002.jpg

hmm...

I am a bit disappointed that iTunes does not support cross-fading to CD still. I know I can do it in the play lists, but I would like to do it to CD so I can listen to it in my car. Guess I will have to get Jam for that.
Zeff Wheelock

:D Purrr ... :p

It's nice to see something that isn't blue and grey and stripey. At least somebody there still knows how to Think Different.

People are sounding a bit spiteful, though, aren't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back