Official MacWorld Keynote Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm disappointed about iTools... I had, uhm, lets see... 5 accounts.
Oh well. I guess I'll have to deal with just having one. Let's hope they allow remote hotlinking now, since we are paying.

This link:
http://mac.com/1/mac_faq.html

has info about it.

If it's down, I can make a PDF of it for you or something.

Originally posted by rinse
disappointing keynote to say the least.

Sheesh. Apple introduces tons of new software, introduces a great iMac widescreen edition with a GeForce 4MX card and a super-high resolution 17-inch flatpanel screen, demonstrates an awesome upgrade to Mac OS X and all you can say is its disappointing (probably solely because of the .Mac fiasco)?

Wow, Apple really has some outrageous standards to live up to.

the new ipods looks cool, and im glad they kept the 5gig model... if only it was 200-250 instead of 300.

*sigh* When Apple introduced the iPod, everyone said it was awesome but would buy it if it was $300-$350 instead of $400. Now they want it to be $200-250 instead of $300. $300 IS WORTH IT for a 5 gig iPod. Now stop complaining if you can't afford it.

I am quite ticked-off... I love Apple and have no intentions to bad mouth them, but...

I think it was a bad move to give out a feature like free email, get the public hooked on it, then charge an unreasonable amount of money for it.

I agree Apple needs to make money off of this, but they need to keep some of the basic functions of what made iTools free. The simple function that allowed us to make a webpage via iPhoto... giving people your @mac.com email address.

Some of these basic free services have been stripped from us and I'm supposed to be happy with yet another thing that I would have to pay $100 a year for? I don't think so.

I'll be taking my content off their servers first thing this evening when I get home.

I guess Apple proved something today. There are no free rides out there anymore.

yep, I did too. (download iTunes 3)

Not much different other than the preference icons & smart playlists.
seems quite ok except I'm not fond of purple ;)
I do like how it just takes my old settings and uses them.

Oh, and option to sound check the files is welcome, I can imagine sound settings of different mp3's being higher/lower when imported. Especially when imported trough different settings.

Anyway can't wait for the official release of 10.2

I'm still happy that 10.2 is coming out. In fact that's what bothers me the most about Steve's keynote... he didn't really get into the features of Jaguar as much as I wanted him to.

I'm not too happy about the purple icon either but i have a large icon collection, I'm sure I can find something. If you want I'll put it in a .tgz and send it to whoever wants it...

I think that Quicktime 6 is great. I watched a 1Mbit MPEG4 stream full screen and I only got 2 small hiccups in the playback that lasted less than a second each.

I think that Apple must have limited the number of connections this time so that the people that were watching could actually watch without a lot of choppy video.

I got in only a few minutes before it started without any problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back