Official MacWorld Keynote Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my mpeg-4 stream going a few minutes after the address started, and ti was great, until my connection got dumped. I reconnected moments later w/o any problems at all. Good picture all the way, good audio.

It was a great experience (other than for the lack of new PMs :( ) :)

I would agree, but my wife sometimes needs to listen to realaudio stuff for classes. D'oh! :rolleyes:

I'm not too bothered about paying, I think it's a reasonable service. But if I pay, I want to ba able to access my iDisk from something other then Goliath.

I can't access it from the finder, or that new iDisk utility posted today. I always get incorrect username/password messages. I've got that since i bought my first mac in April.

I've sent the error in a feedback form, but it there a support email I could send to at Apple?

What sort of support do I get from Apple?

Agreed. Goliath isn't that bad, but if I'm paying $99 I want to be able to use the disk utility (built into system prefs in Jag (sorta)).

I shouldn't have to use an additional third party program to access a service I'm paying $99 for which doesn't even work as intended.

well then you should find out why it isnt working normally :eek:
its just a finder menu away for most of us

have you logged into itools itself recently? i seem to remember having to change my password to something with both letters & numbers a few months ago because they wanted to up security- idisk never prompted me to though, but its pw was changed as well

Originally posted by fbp_
well then you should find out why it isnt working normally :eek:

its just a finder menu away for most of us

I know! That's what's annoying. I've sent in a report via the feedback link on the new .Mac site but I doubt anything will happen, it's not support. There isn't a support department I can email either afaik, I'll have to ring them this evening.

I changed my password today as well.

The thing is, I signed up for another idisk account with totally different name/password to see if it was that iDisk and I get the same problem.

Originally posted by fbp_
i had an idea that might help, check my edit

It didn't make a difference.

The thing is, I can't open my idisk using the idisk utility cause it says my username and password is incorrect, but if I click on the public folder access part, it recognises that my account will run out in 75 days.

It seems like there is no upgrade pricing just the $130.
Is this $129 price for ALL users or just for those buying OS X for the first time?

I mean upgrading from any OS to a newer version is usually not this expensive, the pricing seems to be in the range that would merit a new user and a full version.

Anyway that's my opinion maybe I've been sleeping all these years. Always buying a new OS with a new system and not realizing it's price

IS there an upgrade price?

Can i watch any of this now?! .. is it @ Apple available to stream now!? ... i was @ work! .. << damn i gotta download Quicktime too!!! :(

NeYo

Sorry, they didn't record it (i don't think...) it was live, like breaking news...

I missed half of it cuz I kept losing my connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back