OS X.2 some new stuff not mentioned

BBenve

Apple seeder
Well i wanna say... Thank you Apple :9 then i wanna give you an idea of X.2
Few features have been advertized in this site.. i hae few more to add that i haven t seen

Shift Apple 4 as usual makes picture... but in PDF format and when you press the combination an icon representing a camera appears :)
Yahoo Chat now works... at www.yahoo.com (apple fixed lots of Java stuff
New Spinning weel..not the colored one... now we finally have an aquafied one.....to name a few.. more to come

New Flurry Screen Saver
New Multiple monitor Screen saver suppport
New Universal acces
Minimized windows show an icon next to them tlling you what prog they come from :))))) verrrrry nice
New Dock color.. (i personally prefere the old color and the white border it used to have)
No more dock pinning
A very huge speed improvement
Nice search engine for programs inside each window
Sherlock still appears to be V 2 even though there are some mods...
DVD player is bversion 3.2 something (beta we should expect a new version)

yet more to come

Sorry for so many post but i am keepoing you up to date as i discover.. :)

just did a Software update.. . iTunes 2.0.4 appears to be avaiable on 10.2... plus the new software update (totally redone) now also shows installed updates :)

"A very huge speed improvement"

Yeah, sure. That's what they always say. I just haven't noticed that. What I have noticed, is that everything just starts slowlier and slowlier.

Start up:
Mac 6 started in few seconds. Os9 takes about 2 minutes.. OSx takes also too long..

Well I hope this is now true and not only a saga.

my osx boots at about the same speed as my os9.
if not faster

and i have a 500mhz iMac!

I've noticed on all of my machines, the more ram I add to my machines the longer I get the "Happy Mac" startup screen in OS X. I'm guessing it has something to do with a ram check. Whatever it is, it's really annoying and I hope they fix it.

Originally posted by BBenve

No more dock pinning

10.1 doesn't have dock pinning as a GUI option, either. There's a freeware app (can't remember the name) to enable the "pin" menu in the dock. I believe another way to accomplish this is via Terminal.

I'm not sure what you mean by pinning?!

I saw in another thread that you could pull minimized windows off the dock and have them sitting anywhere on the screen. Is this true? Is this what you meant?

If so, wow what a strange/cool feature. I'm not sure how I'd use it yet, but it really would be a different feature - no other OS has anything like that :)

Originally posted by dricci
I've noticed on all of my machines, the more ram I add to my machines the longer I get the "Happy Mac" startup screen in OS X. I'm guessing it has something to do with a ram check. Whatever it is, it's really annoying and I hope they fix it.

If it is linked to a memory check which I believe it is) then the only way to fix this would really be to disable the memory check. I remember when I upgraded my Wintel from 48mb to 288mb ram. The memory check takes forever, so the 'happy mac' is pretty quick for me, seeing as I have 512mb.

I have to say this time speed is really there.... an example?? well QT 6 open in 1 and i underline 1 bounce in my tiny iBook 600......even without using the Quartz Extreme......speed is verrrrrrry improved also intenret speed is better.... anyway.... you will try it when you ll get your copy :)

Gt it at WWDC ...not worthed in WORKING environment... what i meean.. is that some app (DW e FW MX, Toast etc etc) still don t work..(REMEMBER IT's A BETA) but it is worth a try a home, IF and i underline IF you have a partition you re willing to format after a while.......as a matter of fact i have it on a second partition... i would be using this (X.2) for personal pleasure, and testing) and X.1.4 Server for my job.... my server machine still runs X.1.4...and it will till X.1.5 or X.2 comes avaiable :)

Hope this help

Thank god I can take this RAM check away in OS 9, by opening the memory (controlpanel, don't know what that is in english, but I know you know what I mean, the controlpanel which allows you to decide virtual memory and ram disks)

Open the control panel by pressing "Command" and "option"

There is a hidden radiobutton:
•Ram-check on startup?

Toying around with Jaguar right now... I had a sort of random crash that made it unable to start up... anyone ever had that happen? Other than that, it's been working great. A few bugs here and there, but man, it's going to be a fabulous release! Can't wait for the final!

iChat is good too, no logging though, and there is no notifications for when someone IMs you (this is sort of an obvious exclusion that is probably just due to this being a Dev Prev)

All in all, it's a great upgrade, and when it hits the public this summer it's going to be BIG news. :):)

Back