OS X.2 What do YOU want??

Has anyone seen a VAIO start up? I think this is the type of welcolm screen that martin is hinting at. If you;ve never seen it, its starts with a short 1/2 second movie, which instantly makes the product recognizable. This is the type of stuff apple needs so that it can build brand image. The movie is also a lot more entertaining than a BIOS bootup screen.

Yeah, the VAIO startup is nice. It's this special things which will draw attention to it. But I think the smiling Mac is similar to the one button mouse. Everybody knows it's outdated, but it's a "trademark" of Apple.
If it is good or not, well, that depends on personal taste, still, I doubt it will change within the next few years.

But wow, just imagine a short boot up sequence like the OS X startup movie the first time you run OS X (the aqua movie). Not as long, but with this cool "Aqua"-effects! That would own!

Originally posted by ulrik
Yeah, the VAIO startup is nice. It's this special things which will draw attention to it. But I think the smiling Mac is similar to the one button mouse. Everybody knows it's outdated, but it's a "trademark" of Apple.
If it is good or not, well, that depends on personal taste, still, I doubt it will change within the next few years.

But wow, just imagine a short boot up sequence like the OS X startup movie the first time you run OS X (the aqua movie). Not as long, but with this cool "Aqua"-effects! That would own!

That would "own"? "Own"??? That would "own" a donkey's butt! Hell no! I don't want any stupid movie at startup. It would be nice if Apple re-implemented the "Startup Movie" or "StartupScreen" secret from the Classic Mac OS, but I will be breaking down Apple's door when they put a mandatory movie in at startup no matter how nice it is. Excuse me for being harsh, but this is a definite NO.

The other thing is -- the smiling Mac in OS X actually is changed, if you look closely... there is a shadow under the disk drive slot, and the colors are changed a bit. I can now instantly recognize if I am booting into OS X or OS 9 simply based on that happy mac face. Just so you guys know -- just look more carefully. You can also tell by the default background; OS X's is much more eye-pleasing.

I have to second the thought about the back button -- it annoys me to no end that I have to scroll down to where I was, but command-up arrow works nice for when I'm just going to the parent folder. It would also be very nifty to have a FORWARD button; and it seems that that's gonna happen in at least 10.2, from some screenshots I've seen.

I'm sure you've all beaten the dead horse about what features you want in OS X 10.2, so I won't list anymore.

Hey! I started this a long time ago!!

Lets all look back over it and have a good laugh or get pissed off, whichever suits your feelings about OS X.2

Back