pass word

2ez

Registered
i got the new 17inch at the start of the year and after having on going prob,s with it the mac shop re set it up for me and now i can not work out the pass word they said when wanting to up grade . they said some thing like apple12345 or applemac12345 . im in china so i cant just go to the out let . is there a retail pass word ? im running os x 10.5.8

Use the OS X disk that came with your iMac to start up and reset the password from the Tools menu.
Remember that passwords are case sensitive.

i din,t get a disk . the new snow lep that was on my pro when i got it had bug,s . im a dj and that all i use it for and it keep,t on flipping out with my dj program [traktor pro] and the apple shop said the new version of snow lep has bug,s with running with other programs [as i found out ] so they took that of and put on the version 10.5.8 .
After a few weeks when needing to up grade some thing and ask,t for a pass word i went back to the shop and that afternoon a lady rang and said the pass word is???? well thats the prob i thought it was apple12345 but that wont work and iv look,t for the paper i wrote it on with no luck . i was hoping there was a retail pass word set on new mac,s .

No, there is no 'default' or secret, or retail password on any Mac system. The password is the one that was originally set. You can easily reset your password by booting to the original installer DVD that came with your MacBook Pro. If you have lost that one, then you can purchase a new copy of OS X, or take back to the Apple store to reset again.
Change the password to something that you can remember, or tape the password to the bottom of your MacBook Pro, or some other location that you will remember the next time you need it.

2ez,

If you bought a Mac without the System disk then you got robbed!!! You would need a system Disk for a re-install (if ever needed), a Time Machine restore as well as resetting a Administrator's password.

Now you will have to get geeky to fix this situation! Read the whole thread of the post (I I started) called [HOWTO] Fix User lost Administrator privileges. Follow that thread to reset the Administrator password.

Back