PC Personal afraid to use my iBook

azrad

Not-so-junior Member
i was shocked!!!

[PC Guy, At Office]
yesterday, someone (PC Guy) borrow my iBook 366 for a presentation...

[Me, At Home]
Suddenly, i got a call saying that my iBook is not functioning... they explain to me that my iBook is not reponding if the press Spacebar or any other keys.

[In the evening, i met the PC Guy at the Office]
He shows me my iBook... i try to type in... but alas, it is true that the keyboard is not functioning... i look at my iBook and saw that the Num Lock key is on. I press on the Num Lock to disable it... and poof!, i immidiately can type again.

i asked him, 'Did u notice the Num Lock is on? '
and he reply, ' Yes '.

' Why dont u try to press the Num Lock to set it off '.

He just smile at me without saying a word.

---

Man, when it comes to Mac Machine, i think we are more technical than them. In fact, most of PC users out there doesn't know how to troubleshoot their own PC. That's why we see a lots of PC Technician out there...

Have u ever heard Mac Technician? :D

In our office (sadly not the computer im typing this on) there are 2 1ghz G4s, every time tech support come down the first line is "I dont know anything about macs". To prove this they said norton has to be installed for virus protection......

to add to mine, when they were installing Norton they had to wait for someone telling them how to open the Combo drive

Before I bought my new PowerBook, I had no idea how to open the drive on the G5s.... the last Mac I owned (first gen PowerPC) didn't have an eject button on the keyboard... CDROMs were a new thing then. :)

hehehe... wow... so these PC Technician is really a ' PC ' technician then...

now i know why they called the Mac Machine ' PowerPC ' ... ehehehe...

i remembered last time when the other guy try to eject the CD-ROM (while the CD in the CD-ROM), they keep pushing the CD-ROM eject button on my iBook but alas, it won't budge... ehehe...

We have some SGIs in the office where the power button is behind as well. I guess they were expecting a real switch and not a beautiful flat button to turn on that Baby... ;)

I had my flat-panel iMac in the office one day and was doing some video editing. One of my co-workers came in and he asked me where the CPU was.

Most PC users I know don't know "where the computer is" in my iMac. ;) Heck, they don't even think it has a CD drive at first glance!

Hehe...Being a Pc Tech myself i've worked with tons of machines but the reality is Macs just aren't in need of being fixed nearly as often as pcs, some of that has to do with the fact that somtimes you just can't repair a mac very easily due to the parts and how apple puts out their products...but in general Pc users are just that....users, they have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. Apple users seem to have a better understanding of their hardware and OS than Pc Windows users do. Now there are exceptions such as the gamers and the hardware freaks out there that use Windows, but that's a select group.

mrfluffy said:
to add to mine, when they were installing Norton they had to wait for someone telling them how to open the Combo drive

Someone took off the instructional sticker « Press here to open combo drive » ? :p

ehehe... well today... someone did asked me for an opinion about which computer he should buy. iether a PC or an eMac. The purpose is to do Designing job on the computer.

I would suggest him to get the old G4 machine ( since he's not in a budget for the new G5 machine ). i hope there are still G4 machine in the store.

Definitely still G4's in the store. Apple is still making eMacs and iMacs, and they are still selling Power Mac G4 towers.

Back