PC3200 DDR400 For Dual 2GH G5z

Yellowbeard

And The World Returned
Purchased 2 of these:
http://www.nanosys1.com/mem-dd-pc32-1gb.html

Original configuration = 4 - 256 MB, I replaced 2 of these with 2 of the new 1 GB sticks and then the G5 will not boot? Am I missing something because everything that I have read is telling me that this should work.

If I do have to return these do to incompatability can someone recommend a source to purchase compatable RAM other than paying $400 to by it through Apple.

Thanks

You better hope you can return them. All RAM is not made equally. You should shop at sites the guaranty their RAM like OWC or Crucial.

Did you install a pair in the correct slots?
The pairs are from the middle - out, and are not adjacent, except for the middle pair.
Just to avoid confusion - assuming this is an 8 slot G5. Reading from the top 1.2.3.4 then 5.6.7 and 8
Pairs are 4 and 5, 3 and 6, 2 and 7, 1 and 8
Those are the only positions for pairs. If you had 4 identical 256MB and replaced 3 and 4 with 1GB, that would leave the system not booting (no pairs in any slots) so re-check your slots.....

OMFG!! DeltaMac I did not realize that the pairs are from the middle out, I am going to try that ASAP today. I have a few project to get off 1st, but I think you just saved my A$%.

Back