Permissions problem...clean install of leopard

kanecorp

Registered
I did a clean install of Leopard last night - when I do a repair permissions it takes a while, but eventually spits this out at me.

Anyone know what's going on/how to fix this?

Thanks

Attachments

• permissions.jpg
    permissions.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 26
I had the same listing - probably a bug in the permissions repair, or the way ARD is installed. Feel free to report it as a 'bug' if you like. I expect, like older permissions 'problems', it will turn out to be a cosmetic bug, and not affecting operation in any way. Could be fixed in 10.5.1 - as many users wait for that first 'bug-fix' update before installing a major OS update.
I'm sure Apple is deluged with a variety of items that show up after any major upgrade.

I found an ARD update in Software Update after installing Mac OS X 10.5. Maybe that'd fix it.

Unfortunately I've already installed that update. What about the line under the ARD:

ACL found but no expected on "." - what's that referring to?

Permission repair takes much longer with 10.5, and this report is worrying me. Anyone know what the problem may be?

Attachments

• Permissionlog.jpg
    Permissionlog.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 5
Yes, repair permission takes much more time (I've seen that on several threads). But I haven't seen any real permission issues.

I to had these same exact problems. Then I read somewhere (I forgot where) that installing the full 110 MB DOWNLOAD 10.5.1 fixed a lot that was wrong with Disk Utility's Repair Permissions. It worked for me so it MIGHT work for you.

Back