permissionsproblems on 10.4

ironchef

Registered
files that have read and write permissions generates .ps files with "no accesses" to "group' and "others".
it appers that "save pdf as postscript" in any app, creates file with "no accesses" permissions.
this for me is a major bug that coses file to not backup!
it only happens on 10.4 macs and not on 10.3

this situation coses my retrospect backup to not backup thus files
with "(server: no privileges)" error.

pleas help!!....

thanks

(I hate these simple non-answers...)
Save as a .pdf, and use Acrobat (or something else that will do that) if you need a particular file converted to PostScript.

Maybe someone with more knowledge of postscript will explain that behavior, which might not be a bug at all....

thats relay not the problem...
i can also manually correct the permissions on the info window per itch file.
i can also run a propagate permissions command via my mac server.
i can do lots of thing to salve the problem.
but i don't want to salve the problem.

i want that there will be no problem in the first place.

and again , its not only 1 or 2 files. its a big press house with hundreds of postscript file being created every week.

hope someone can help...

its a big press house with hundreds of postscript file being created every week.

hope someone can help...

Then, don't rely on the Finder (the cups software, I guess) to create your postscript files....

I suppose your real question is...
Why did that behavior change in Tiger? Maybe Adobe tech support can provide a better answer.

Maybe Adobe tech support can provide a better answer.

ya, Maybe thy will, I'll try that.
all thou it got nothing to do with adobe.
i can print to file from TextEdit and still get the same result.
"no accesses" on group and Others.

PostScript is owned by Adobe. Apple may have been required by Adobe to make that change - it's possible.
If you must use postscript, and saving as a pdf is not a choice, then Adobe may have better options.

files that have read and write permissions generates .ps files with "no accesses" to "group' and "others".
it appers that "save pdf as postscript" in any app, creates file with "no accesses" permissions. ...

this situation coses my retrospect backup to not backup thus files
with "(server: no privileges)" error.

pleas help!!....
It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness. Just change permissions.

Back