pet peeves and more

No problem with TV.That is why we change channels or turn off the tube. It's just dumb/below the belt/stupid programs, etc. that I find peevish. "Reality Shows" like game shows are only starters. To each his own. This is not a judgmental question I asked. It's the "little things" in daily life that bug us.
Cheers to all. I hope there will be more.

No problem with TV.That is why we change channels or turn off the tube. It's just dumb/below the belt/stupid programs, etc. that I find peevish. "Reality Shows" like game shows are only starters. To each his own. This is not a judgmental question I asked. It's the "little things" in daily life that bug us.
Cheers to all. I hope there will be more.
OK. Here's another peev.

France, Germany Sweden and other Euro countries produce some good TV shows. How come we don't get to see them in the UK? Sub-titling for the mono-linguists is not expensive.

No disrespect to America, but we only get your shows.

Oh I agree. Too much junk from the USA. Although there are a few goodies, past and present. I don't know why they are not doing the sub-titling in the UK. But you are not alone. Costs, I suppose. I will not look at a "FawltyTowers" or "My Family" in French or Swahili. Has to be in English. Columbo, by the way, is very funny in German. But that's another story.
Also "regular" folks at the high listening hours don't want to read sub-titles. One has to go to the special channels or the late night programs to see a film or a series in VO (Version Original). Pet peeve n° 196?

People like Paris Hilton who think they can do anything and then they get away with being a total ***. I hate celebrities I see no point to them, they drive me insane. And no offence to anybody else, but people who think that celebrities should be let out of jail just because there popular, they drive me insane.

People like Paris Hilton who think they can do anything and then they get away with being a total ***. I hate celebrities I see no point to them, they drive me insane. And no offence to anybody else, but people who think that celebrities should be let out of jail just because there popular, they drive me insane.

You shouldn't have to qualify that you don't intend offense. I'd like to see a quality argument in favor of treating celebrities differently than non-celebrities.

I'd like to see a quality argument in favor of treating celebrities differently than non-celebrities.
A category celebs may be pampered (and sometimes a bit precious), but they nearly always have exceptional talent and charm.

B category celebs are ordinary actors (or in the case of the UK, chefs) used as cannon fodder to make tedious reality TV shows.

My wife buys a womens trash mag each week (featuring lots of pictures of cellulite on fat thighs and the occasional interview with a 'hunk'). Most of the so-called celebs featured are totally unknown to me. They all look pretty thick.

BTW, I like reading the agony page.

Hey, I would just say "Paris Hilton." Period. It sums up the lot. Bimbo land, what.

A few more: The Sun. Sky News, The New York Post, CNN, Fox News, and so forth. You get the idea.
How about this (on a smaller scale): You are in a hurry to send an important letter at the post office...or any other business. You know the line will be long. As usual. Or, just maybe, you can at the right moment, get out quick seeing how there are not a lot of people on line. As you arrive towards the PO, you see three people going into the Post office before you. Like.... they knew Reed was coming, let us hurry up to get in line before him. 8 on 10 times I have seen this. I have the statistics. In my mind, anyway.

Most news today is slated so much toward one side or the other. Take any news story with a grain of salt. I feel give me facts, not opinions.

Back