Picture of your setup

I am really happy about mine because I just paid it $200.00 Can
Although the leg is really fragile, I broke it when I moved a few months ago
Its a really good second monitor but I wouldnt use it as a main.
a little blurry, the sharpness is really far from the one of my CPD-G200 Sony.

Bottom Line:
- Seems like a stable monitor
- Sharpness is not that great
- Color Accuracy is good
- Nice refresh
- Perfect for Games
- Leg is fragile
- I wouldnt have paid more than the $200.00 Can I paid

-Sighter

Okay boys and girls, here is what total impulsiveness, fiscal irresponsibility (though not as bad as Wall Street these days) and a deep seated desire to be the Captian Kirk of your very own bridge will get you:

My Command Center

Some of the details:

First, the "foundation" - the Ikea "Jerker" desk with every single attachment they offer - this was the coolest computer desk I could find and it was something like $400 with all the shelf units - I am running way over the weight limit, but it seems steady so far. Also, if you buy one, just don't drop it on your toe in the parking lot like I did - took my toe nail two months to grow back!

Second, for my own "foundation," please note the Herman Miller Aeron chair - favorite of non-productive dotcom offices from NYC to SF, displayed in the Museum of Modern Art in NYC and Captian Kirk and Picard did not sit in a finer chair. $650 online and worth every penny.

The computer -
G4 - 450, 512 MB RAM, 2 20 GB drives, 2 Rage 128 Orion video cards (I am due for a new Mac - this one is my 8th)

2 each 19" Hitachi Superscan 776 monitors for a two screen set up I will never give up - once you have gone dual monitors, you just can't go back.

OS's
4 partitions - 2 OS X, 1 Classic and 1 Suse Linux for PPC 7.3

Audio -
Lexicon "Alex" digital effects processor, and Alesis Micor Limiter all routed through a Tascam PortaStudio 424 mk II 4 track cassette recorder I use as a mixer. All of this ends up in two Tannoy PBM 6.5 studio monitors - a little dated, but with fine seperation and bass.

Networking -
Comcast cable modem with near T1 speeds and a Linksys router.

Input/Output Devices -
Epson 740i printer
Iomega CD-RW
Toshiba Allegretto M4 digital camera
2-1 Midi Translator
Alesis QS6.1 synthesizer
Logitech cordless mouse (with right button and scroll wheel)
Macally USB keyboard
Belkin 4 - 1 USB hub
Palm VX
Headset mic and headphone for use with IBM ViaVoice - it really works!

Misc:
Meade 8" f6 newtonian reflector telescope with 100 pound, steady as a rock "Research Grade" german equatorial mount (1.5 inch stainless steel shafts and real bearings), 3" f15 guide scope and 3" finder. Jim's Mobile Electric focuser and slow motion control on both RA and declination axis - I once had it hooked to a up PC for auto guiding - but not now. It may be big and hard to move around, but optically this baby kicks butt on any 8" Schmidt Cassegrain and gives 10" a run for their money! This baby cost over $4000 new in 1985 - I got it used and good as new for $1000! Some day I will build a little dome for it.
V-Tech cordless phone base (use Palm OS to dial it)
Sharp UX P100 fax (use Palm OS to dial it)
Garmin GPS III+ GPS

Oh yea, an IBM Thinkpad T21 (owned by my work)

Will change soon when I move for college but here is what it looks like now.

Picture taken with Canon Powershot A20.

And yes I used CD's as coasters.. but only bad burns and AOL promo discs :p

Click Here

The pic is home.jpg

=Dime5150

Here's my setup.

I consists of:

main mac (sig below)
work laptop-- Dell C600 700mhz
main PC-- Self built 1.5ghz running WinXP pro
server PC-- Dell Optiplex GX1 450mhz
server Mac-- Powermac 9600/367

The servers and the main pc run off a usb KVM switch.

My setup here

desk.jpg

That is true... unfortunately a lot of companies out there do not think like us. In order to survive out in the business world one must know Windows.

Sad but true (Metallica said it well).

My main pc has a lot of my DJ work on it and is my recording station. My PC server is a test server that I blow out and reformat several times a month. The mac server is a test server to mess around with.

I use my G4 the most, that is why it's not on the KVM switch. The second reason would be so that I can watch TV from the PC while I cruise the forums here on my mac:p

My Current Setup

PowerMac G4 800
OS X 10.1.5
1.5GB RAM
Superdrive
two 40GB IBM Deskstars
GeForce4 Ti
Apple Pro Speakers
Apple 17" flat planel
Wacom graphire
Epson C80 inkjet

Sun Ultra 10
440MHz UltraSparc IIi
Solaris 8
512MB ECC RAM
32x CD-ROM
Creator3D Video
Two 9GB IDEs
External 18Gb UltraSCSI 10,000 RPM
21" Sun Trinitron CRT

Home built AMD Athlon XP 1500+
Windows XP Pro
512MB DDR
two 40GB ATA100 HDs
one 60GB ATA100 HD
USB ZIP100
12X DVD-ROM
32x10x24x CD-RW
GeForce4 Ti
Intel nic
SoundBlaster Live!
Altec Lansing 5.1 speakers
HPLaserjet 5P
Canon N670U scanner
MS Office Keyboard
Ms Sidewinder Forcefeedback
19" Samsung 955DF Flat CRT

I'll be updating my Sun to a more current model, like a Sun Blade.

Originally posted by WoLF
speakers.jpg

Time for one of those "out of the blue" questions but: does that iMac by chance come with Firewire? :D

You guys are lucky to have setups like that, don't ever forget how lucky you are or I'll have to come over to your houses and show you. :)

Back