Picture of your setup

mmm i'd say that the hype is about halo. tony hawk is good, but bond is just another game (sux). i was just pointing out that you could just go with one system.

Originally posted by dave17lax
mmm i'd say that the hype is about halo. tony hawk is good, but bond is just another game (sux). i was just pointing out that you could just go with one system.

I have Halo, Dead or Alive 3, etc.. Like I said decent, but nothing mindbending from what came before. I wouldn't consider a game console an alternative though.

heres mine:
Desk2.jpg

3 19" monitors and 1 21" monitor plus a 35" tv all hooked to my G4 :)

more at http://forums.dubr.com/Photos/G4/

Fahrvergnuugen

You are the master of multiple displays! Now my I feel inadequate with 2 19" monitors.

Can I ask you a question? I am planning on buying a dual head video card (ATI 8500 or 9000) to run my two VGA monitors - and the customer service rep at ATI seemed to think using a AGP and PCI card (for more than 2 monitors) might be tricky. Any advice to help clear this up?

Fahrvergnuugen, that's just plain greedy:D

Now let's see you concentrating on playing five different levels of the same action game all at the same time!

karavite:
it works like a dream. I have two PCI ATI Cards [1 radeon and 1 rage pro] and 1 AGP Radeon. Both radeons are dual head, so in theory I could have 5 monitors and 1 [or maybe 2] TVs.

With the dual head cards, you can get a digital to VGA converter so you can run two VGA monitors off of one card.

In the days of 10.0, there were problems when you mixed nvidia and ATI cards but I think that has been resolved.

hmm Fahrvergnuugen i have the same chair as you. it looks just the same as my ikea chair.

Dave17lax - you bring up a great resource - IKEA! I found the coolest computer desk there - the "Jerker" (whatever that means). It has a variety of shelves and extensions that can be added and arranged and it was very reasonably priced.

themacko, let us (me) know how you like the eMac...

I've need a Mac BADLY at my new job and I can't afford a PowerBook (and just feel the iBook does not have enough power or screen size for my needs), so I was contemplating on one of the i/eMacs.

On the bright side - we might be getting an xServe! We're comparing Servers and xServe is coming up on top! YES! :D

If that happens - I will most defenatly need a Mac! heh ;)

im pretty stoked... im gettin an iPod on Wednesday!!!!
WOOHOO :)

even though its the 5 gb version, im still lookin forward
to gettin it :)

trip, yes, it has Firewire....

iPod
ipod.JPG

iMac G3/500MHz setup
speakers.jpg

Blue cold cathode in the iMac
cathode2.jpg

Heh Heh. I took the cathode out of the iMac and I'm going to be putting it in the PC case. :p

Also, for the iMac, I may swap out translucent blueberry casing on the iMac at home (in the picture) with the indigo casing on the iMac at the office. :)

Apple are still using the Charcoal font in the iPod? Looks quite strange these days, I'd have thought they'd use Lucida Grande to match the Mac.

just got my "desk" this morning.

and yes, it IS an old door. but hey, it works. and it's huge.

Attachments

• newdesk.jpg
    newdesk.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 161
Back