Picture of your setup

so what?

two posibilities:

1) Photoshopped (it is already running, you know)

2) some kind of Timbuktu Pro/remote administration tool

nothing fancy

edited: if you read closely, it is posibility 2)

Sorry - I guess I need to explain...

No, pictures are NOT photoshoped (well, I did resize them and prep them in Photoshop and removed the name of the server, but nothing was added).

ulrik's second guess is right. It's a remote control app called Tiimbuktu (with the server name erased).

The PC version is buggy as hell tho so I won't be doing remote control of the OSX Server for much longer once the demo expires. :(

Originally posted by Tormente

Hey swizcore, you are making me think that you love your Mac almost as much as I love mine (including the one I administer at the office) - but nah - that can't be! You can't be as nuts as I am, or can you? LOL :D

OH I am SOOOO Mac-Evangelistic, my friends and family think I am crazy. So yeah, I think we're both rocking the same boat ;).

Originally posted by Oscar Castillo

Will you please get the tower off the floor. It's not a $50 dollar Antec case.
I don't even treat my PC that way.

I promise, it's now on its own little platform. I upgraded its stance just after power-on.

Hey swizcore, you are making me think that you love your Mac almost as much as I love mine (including the one I administer at the office) - but nah - that can't be! You can't be as nuts as I am, or can you? LOL :D

How in the hell can you work with that monitor all the way up there and to the left? My neck would be killing me.

Will you please get the tower off the floor. It's not a $50 dollar Antec case.
I don't even treat my PC that way.

Here's a horrible pic (need to get a real digital camera) of the towers new stance. yes, it's "roof" is removable.

Attachments

• swizqs_crappypic.jpg
    swizqs_crappypic.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 143
Originally posted by swizcore

Here's a horrible pic (need to get a real digital camera) of the towers new stance. yes, it's "roof" is removable.

You need a digital camera? I desperately need one too. The pics on my webpage below have been taken with my Hi-8 Camcorder connected to a Dazzle-DVC80 to m PC via USB. I works, but it's not DV.
Although I find it a bit hard to justify the cost of a decent still camera when DV camcorders are close to the same price, slightly higher in some cases..

You need a digital camera? I desperately need one too. The pics on my webpage below have been taken with my Hi-8 Camcorder connected to a Dazzle-DVC80 to m PC via USB. I works, but it's not DV.
Although I find it a bit hard to justify the cost of a decent still camera when DV camcorders are close to the same price, slightly higher in some cases..

Yeah, my Sony DV cam does a great job for DV but the still images it takes are very lackluster if lighting is anything other than optimal. Theres always Christmas though.

How in the hell can you work with that monitor all the way up there and to the left? My neck would be killing me.

Who me? :)

I actually sit towards the left of the desk so I'm aligned to the monitor itself. It is a bit high but my point of view actually lands near the center of the monitor so I'm not really looking up either (altho I know it would be best for the POV to land a bit higher towards the top of the monitor).

I just feel it's a little too far for the rez I like working in actually... but then again I think I'm going blind! blah! :D

I actually now have the printer in between both "towers" and have put a 15" PC monitor on the other tower for a PC I brought home... but it's still not in use as I haven't answered my own question "What operating system?" :p

OH I am SOOOO Mac-Evangelistic, my friends and family think I am crazy. So yeah, I think we're both rocking the same boat ;).

LOL
Same problem here! :)

One of my friends wife almost went into shock when I was talking Mac with her husband... "but I thought you where a PC guy", we both look at her and her husband goes "Where have you been for over a year???" LOL :D

Oh the stories I have... hmmm... maybe I'll write them on my site? :)

Yeah, my Sony DV cam does a great job for DV but the still images it takes are very lackluster if lighting is anything other than optimal. Theres always Christmas though.

I thought the same thing myself...
A friend loaned me his DV cam (cheap) and I thought it was so cool to stop a high-action shot and capture the frame (my RC Truck jumping the face of a wall!!!), then I got my Digital Still Camera (Low-end by today's standars, 1.3 Megapixel), now I think I musta been crazy for thinking the DV cam was better at taking stills! :p

For capturing a still of something high-action there is no beating a DV camera tho, but it's quality defenatly is not as good as a real still digital camera (unless someone came out with something earth-shattering in the past 6 months).

I thought the same thing myself...
A friend loaned me his DV cam (cheap) and I thought it was so cool to stop a high-action shot and capture the frame (my RC Truck jumping the face of a wall!!!), then I got my Digital Still Camera (Low-end by today's standars, 1.3 Megapixel), now I think I musta been crazy for thinking the DV cam was better at taking stills! :p

For capturing a still of something high-action there is no beating a DV camera tho, but it's quality defenatly is not as good as a real still digital camera (unless someone came out with something earth-shattering in the past 6 months).

It's my understanding that DV cams now come with a dual-mode, moving and still capture. Can't recall the model read about, but i think it's a feature many are starting to adapt too. I'll have to look into it further.

It's my understanding that DV cams now come with a dual-mode, moving and still capture. Can't recall the model read about, but i think it's a feature many are starting to adapt too. I'll have to look into it further.

Kind-of related but, my friend who runs his own design studio in LA went on a trip to Japan to pitch some TV thing to Sony and while there they gave him a "gift". Its this awesome little device which looks like a cross between a Canon XL1 and a digital camera ( its quite small) except it has a Quicktime logo on it and it records something like 10 minute movies and saves them as Quicktime clips on the fly. I'll ask to be sure about the duration but man is that little thing COOL!

my%20mac.JPG

setup.JPG

Dual 867

Back