Please Help with Grab Application

Hey, it worked! It WORKED! You can't SEE the damn thing 'cause it's too small, but it WORKED! Me so happy! :D

Thanks for all your help! Much appreciated! I never even saw the darn Manage Attachments option!!!!

Now, wait. Before anyone starts yelling and threatening to take my Mac away: I KNOW you can click on the small image to view a larger image. LOL :p

bobw said:
Aime, Aime, Aime

What are we going to do with you :)

When you make a post and want to attach something, under where you type your post, under the Smilies and under the Submit button, scroll down and you'll see a button 'Manage Attachments'. Click that, another window will open and you can upload your ScreenShot using the Browse button to browse the files on your machine.

You might want to check your ISP's home site, most give you space on their servers to upload/store things.

And, you don't have to use the Grab app to take a screenshot as was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Command-Shift-3 for the whole screen

or

Command-Shift-4 gives you a crosshair to drag to select the portion to snap. It's saved to your Desktop automatically.

If this is true ... then why does Grab exist if you can do that without Grab?

Grab does a little more. Open Grab and open it's Help Menu and look at the Topics.

Yep -- Command-Shift-3 and Command-Shift-4 are just like little "shortcuts" to commonly used features of Grab. Grab does much more, including allowing you to choose the format that the file is saved in as well as give you the option of taking a screenshot of a particular single window.

If you really wanna get fancy, software called "Snapz Pro X" does even more (but is not free), including the ability to take movies of your desktop -- instead of us explaining how to do something in words, it would have been possible just to make a movie clip of someone's desktop while they navigated this site and attached an image to a post. Then, one could watch the movie and know exactly which buttons to hit.

Highly recommended for "power" desktop screenshotting... :D

ElDiabloConCaca said:
Yep -- Command-Shift-3 and Command-Shift-4 are just like little "shortcuts" to commonly used features of Grab. Grab does much more, including allowing you to choose the format that the file is saved in as well as give you the option of taking a screenshot of a particular single window.

If you really wanna get fancy, software called "Snapz Pro X" does even more (but is not free), including the ability to take movies of your desktop -- instead of us explaining how to do something in words, it would have been possible just to make a movie clip of someone's desktop while they navigated this site and attached an image to a post. Then, one could watch the movie and know exactly which buttons to hit.

Highly recommended for "power" desktop screenshotting... :D

OK, I must be learning ... 'cause I already knew all that. During the time between my previous post and this post, I've learned everything that you mentioned above. I'm like sponge! :D

Sincerely, thanks for all your help, guys! :)

AND ... I even know how to convert, format and resize images in Grab and Preview! Bobw would be so proud of me. LOL :D

Back