Policy on Warez, Serialz, and P2P Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
stizz said:
Scott says we cant talk about p2p software because although it may have legit uses, it may also be used illegally, and he would rather avoid any grey area and fine line discussions on the topic. Better safe than sorry says he. By that logic, the following would also apply.

BTW - Did you take a gander on WHO started this thread? Yes, was it ME? Your personal attacks, which are totally unfounded are weighing down the "ban" button... any more weight and you will find it activated.

This thread was started on NOVEMBER 30, 2003, 11 MONTHS AGO. When did I first POST to this thread? September 22, 2004.

Unlike Edx, I have a even LOWER tolerance level for this type of bad-mouthing... especially when it has no basis in fact.

If I were you, I'd go ahead and count those chickens you have left and use one and exit this thread stage right. Cause your performance is really bad here except for a select few, most people in the audience don't want to hear it.

HISTORY:

Having a forum it is NOT uncommon for people to post "What is the Serial Number for XYZ Software". Rarely do you see these type of threads on this forum because the moderators quickly move such threads to something we call "Wasteland".

Edx and the moderators had discussion among the moderator team about what to do with these type of violators. Obviously, it wasn't a rare offense, something triggered the discussion and the subsequent action was taken. In late November 2003, Edx wrote "people who come here to request warez help will be banned immediately with no warnings. in the past warnings have been issued to give some people the benefit of the doubt. no more. so DO NOT post asking for serial numbers, shared software or anything like this. do not ask what the best p2p app is nor where to get a good spam client."

In case anyone reading this is not aware, Edx became involved in other activities and his activity on this forum declined to an extent that he decided to step away from being an admin and team lead. It was at this time that I stepped back into that position and am where I am today.

Because this was a previous policy and no one has contacted me privately to discuss whether or not this policy should still be in place... including users or moderators, what has been previously issued out will continue to be in force.

To me personally, Ed's original post in this thread is very short and to the point. I really don't understand why it needs 6 pages of replies. Once again, another primary example of my lower tolerance for unnecessary discussion, especially in the public arena.

With those words... and to save stizz and zammy from being banned, I am closing this thread. If anyone would like to continue this discussion, I'd be MORE THAN HAPPY to discuss it offline.

Zammy: Just a little note... I see you where the original person to respond to this thread almost a year ago and here you are today still pounding on a dead thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back