Post a pic of your mac setup!

I have avoided the setup threads for a long time ....
First - my hardware situation is not usual now. I'm a laptop person, so I ideally would have a PowerBook. But I sold it, and cannot make up my mind if / when to get a laptop now ... MacBook Pro does not do what I want yet (as I do want to run OS X Server on the laptop, with Pro applications), and .. well, can't just make up my mind for 15" PowerBook now, or wait, or wait ... so sort of without a laptop now.
The "sort of" means that I don't count the Dell 9300 "transportable" that was my husband's and that is now mine to be a laptop :p

Anyway, details:

- G4 Cube; this is for now the only fully mine. Has 10.3.5 in it, and I don't have a display home. Thus Apple Remote Desktop is your friend ... also mounting it as a server on the iMac G5. Specs 450 MHz, 256 MB (or 512?), 20 GB HD .. (which I will upgrade sometime soon to something like 100 or 120 GB when I get a proper kind of hard drive for it).

- iMac G5 17", first generation; this is now as my main machine home, however it can be used by other 5 people living home too ... I think 1-2 GB RAM, and it has a 400 GB hard drive, 10.4.5.

- the Dell. Inspiron 9300, has 2 systems in it: XP Professional. I rarely use it on that system, but some games etc need it .. also if anyone else home needs to use an XP or a Windows, they can do it. So the normal boot partition is now Solaris 9. Eventually I may go with Ubuntu, or Debian, or something else. (the Linux side of me still likes trying to find a nice operating system).

- P800, t39m,a portable hard drive with a 60 GB HD in it, an iSight, an Olympus .. gadgets change, some stay longer than the others. And the shades of the picture may look weird, the wall is bright sunflower yellow ..

I have to say that I'm quite happy with Ubuntu on my work laptop (HP/Compaq nx9010). As for the laptop itself, I would rather use another laptop....ANY other laptop (the nx9010 is a pig). :p

Back