Post Election - Chaos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how do we keep the NRA members off the streets after Bush loses? Damn concealed carry laws ... ;)

Here in the Columus Ohio area (Swing State Central), a small suburban newspaper decided to break their tradition of not endorsing candidates for National office, and endorsed John Kerry for President on their frontpage, for all the reasons that Bush has failed in his Presidency. Well the outrage in some of the little burbs is really quite entertaining ... but it does make me think that the "righties" may be the ones causing the chaos after the election, if, as I believe will happen, Bush loses.

If you want to read the endorsement, and the letters to the editor in response, here's the URL for the endorsement http://www.snponline.com/FRONT/Stories/MAIN.HTML

And here's the URL for the responses:
http://www.snponline.com/Bonus_Jumps/ELECTION_2004/SOUND_OFF_RES.htm

Keep in mind that this is a "free" newspaper that gets thrown on your driveway in the suburbs once a week. Each suburb around Columbus, has their "own" paper, with different titles, but the content is mostly the same, some advertising, and local high school, or community activities set each version apart.

President Bush will win by a landslide tomorrow. 4 more years of a great country!

For those of you thinking of voting for Kerry tomorrow... think about this. See all these people on this forum who are not even American's and what do they think of us? Well, many hate the USA cause we are a world leader. Obviously, what would make us less of a world leader, voting for Kerry. Why do they endorse Kerry? To downgrade this country.

So... when you go to the polls, just remember... we make our own decisions and it should not matter what the rest of the world wants us to do, in fact... I think one should do the opposite just to play a good offense.

Never let your guard down.

You're delusional. There will be no landslides this year.
Your attitude, however, is pure Bush:

"Other countries are out to get us, but they'll never stop us!!
BWAH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHHHH!!!"

People hate the US now for the same reason they hated Germany when Hitler was in charge. Bush is the problem, not the solution.

Edit: I detest Bush, but I need to be clear here: no sane person would consider Bush as evil as Hitler. He is, however comparable in terms of being equally as sure of himself, as unreceptive to different opinions, and as ambitious. /Edit

Bush's policies appeal to our sorry pop-culture ethic of shoot-first-ask-questions-later. On some gut level, people find it comforting to think that somewhere out there (thankfully far away from here) some of the people who hate America are being shot and blown up each day. But the world is far too large and complex a place for this sort of grade-school thinking. We need a King Solomon in charge, not a John Wayne.

(One day left folks. the gloves are off, my inner diplomat has the day off).

ScottW said:
...Well, many hate the USA cause we are a world leader.

No, many hate America because we go around putting our interests ahead of anyone else's interest, is that what you call a Leader? I call it a pig headed bully. That's why people around the world hate America - not because they're jealous ...

For just one day, say Wednesday, when you're recovering from the Kerry Victory, instead of trying to figure out what went all wrong, listen to Air America Radio, listen to opinions and read the news from a different perspective - not FoxNews, turn off Rush Limbaugh, and maybe take a deep look in the mirror and see that you've been living in a fairy land of make believe, because you wanted to support W. no matter that he was lying to you telling you everything in Iraq was going along fine. When in fact, the truth is that the he's letting the men and women of our fine military, become the victims and casualties of his politics, his go it alone, machoismo, is costing them their very life ... that doesn't make him a strong leader, that makes him a very bad man.

Originally Posted by mrfluffy - NOT by g/re/p!!!
Iraq is(was) a sovereign country, and the US has(had) no authority to "step in" and do anything at all, period.
mrfluffy said:
I believe Mr fryke was joking...
I believe your country participated in the invasion as well.

The US had a UN Resolution signed by all the member countries - that was our authority. Hussein could have been buggering the UN's mothers and sisters right in front of their faces and they still would not have done anything about it.

(Thanks for misquoting the hell out of my post, clown)

Yeah - Bush needs to go - too bad his only opponent is almost as big of a dipshit loser as he is!

(and probably just as bad for the country - only time will tell)

Hopefully Kerry will die in 6 months so Edwards can step in.

My opinion of Kerry is higher than yours, but I admit that removing Bush is my main objective.

I'd vote for John Kerry, Drew Carey, Jim Carrey, Mary Carey or Mariah Carey before I'd vote for Bush.

german opinion: stop Bush!
Why? Not to see america get weaker. No. Just too see america mess less with other countries.

g/re/p said:
Originally Posted by mrfluffy - NOT by g/re/p!!!
Iraq is(was) a sovereign country, and the US has(had) no authority to "step in" and do anything at all, period.

I believe your country participated in the invasion as well.
I didn't claim otherwise

The US had a UN Resolution signed by all the member countries - that was our authority. Hussein could have been buggering the UN's mothers and sisters right in front of their faces and they still would not have done anything about it.
so the US is none of the UN's business and the UN has no authority to do anything in the US, but they do for Iraq, why is that?
And if that was enough authority why did the US and UK governments need to lie about WMDs to justify it?

(Thanks for misquoting the hell out of my post, clown)
1, I was making a point.

2, It says mrfluffy not Krusty.

so the US is none of the UN's business and the UN has no authority to do anything in the US, but they do for Iraq, why is that?
Yes - at the present time, the US is none of the UN's business and the UN has no authority to do anything in the US.

This was not the case in Iraq.

There could possibly be future situations where the UN would
have the authority to meddle in the business of the US, but that time has not yet come.

And if that was enough authority why did the US and UK governments need to lie about WMDs to justify it?
They didn't lie, they made bad decisions based on faulty intel.
( that does sometimes happen)

But hey, if Saddam could hide in a spider hole and evade capture as long as he did, there may be evidence of WMD's
still hidden away - i seriously doubt it, but it is possible.

this thread is precisely why I don't talk politics. it never seems to end up well. vote. that's all.
let the winner win, and the loser lose...whomever they may be.

everyone's entitled to their opinions and entitled to interpret news/facts/etc however they please. respect peoples' stance on things, as it is their own. You shouldn't think exactly like I think, or it'd be a boring forum, and a boring world.

Sharply divided in opinions, sure, but so far no actual disruption of daily life.

I'm holding my breath to see how tomorrow goes. I'm supposed to fly to Atlanta on Wednesday...

this thread is precisely why I don't talk politics. it never seems to end up well. vote. that's all.
let the winner win, and the loser lose...whomever they may be.

everyone's entitled to their opinions and entitled to interpret news/facts/etc however they please. respect peoples' stance on things, as it is their own. You shouldn't think exactly like I think, or it'd be a boring forum, and a boring world.
You make some valid points - i usually do not participate in political
debate either, i must have got a tic or something - lol!

lnoelstorr said:
I cannot believe anyone really believes that crap, well, except complete and utter nutters like Hannity, Coulter and O'Reilly.

Hey, speaking of O'Reilly - when it actually
came down to "put up or shut up" he chose
to shut up! Wow! Who'd a thought??!!

nowhere else in the world would Bush stand a chance of winning,

Heh, talk about a landslide...

EDIT: It is interesting though that, according to that site, the middle east has the highest percentage of Bush supporters.

I can understand a certain number being glad that Saddam is gone - but I also wonder: what groups in the middle east are most likely to have access to the Internet and read English (which the site is written in)?

Perhaps... US servicemen?

Presumably the site prevents US IP addresses from voting, but clearly it can't detect Americans logging in from elsewhere.

brianleahy said:
It is interesting though that, according to that site, the middle east has the highest percentage of Bush supporters.

My theory on this was that there were probably a few people who thought "ha ha, I know, I'll register a vote for Bush and then say I'm from Iran!" (I seem to remember you just selected your country rather than having it detected based on IP address).

Another theory, that my friend pointed out, is that the Middle East will no doubt include Israel, and so a large proportion of the Middle East vote is probably from there.

Interesting statistcs on internet usage can be found here:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/int_use&id=MID
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/int_liv_use&id=MID

As you can see, Israel has the most users for a middle east country (I'm assuming Turkey was counted in the Europe statistic in the global vote), and also by far the most Livejournal users - and I feel these are people most likely to access this sort of site. It's also worth remembering that internet access is very restricted in a lot of middle eastern countries.

Actually I wasn't really joking. I think after what happened in 2000, the USA really NEED the help of more developed countries in the task of electing a president. You can't really tell me that the American people has already _forgotten_ about 2000?! I mean: You _do_ remember that US elections were the base of jokes around the world, don't you? Even those who back then supported Al Gore don't remember? I can't seem to get that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back