Post reply loads blank

Giaguara

Chmod 760
Staff member
Mod
When I have posted a reply to some thread, the page loads blank and does not tell me if it posted or not. If I go back to macosx.com/forums the post usually has posted correctly.
I have got this error for the past few days in Safari (2.0.4), from about when the fast reply started to act odd again.

Just like in the attachment.

Attachments

• Picture 139.png
    Picture 139.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 8
I have had a problem similar to that were I use the Quick Reply, when I click reply, it replies then it opens up the more advanced reply box and it trys to repost again.

Well, quick reply isn't working for me now so those are something I get with slow reply.

Quick Reply does not work for me either. It just continuously says Please Wait, but nothing happens.

I have been using the Advanced post.

p.s. I tried to post first using Quick Reply and it worked. :) could be Scott is working hard on this as we speak. ;)

Working here too.

No not working: the post is posted AND I get the 30 seconds between post reply when I click once. Is if the mouse would bounce !

Working here too.

No not working: the post is posted AND I get the 30 seconds between post reply when I click once. Is if the mouse would bounce !

And now I get a white screen in addition... not very stable !

Okay... some threads it works fine in ALWAYS, and some it won't work in. Or it might be related to the FORUM and not the thread, I have not nailed it down yet. This thread seems to always reply for me just fine.

Hmmm.....

So the quickreply works again as well? (testing...)

(nope, still not working, but the page doesn't come up empty when using the advanced version.) [i want quick reply back! ;)]

Actually it's something weird. Some days it works, soem days it doesn't. I haven't found a pattern. In all forums it works and it doesn't. IT seems totally random, except on some days it totally works and others it totally doesn't.
Last time it was totally not working was last week.

Doesn't work for me on _any_ day in the past few weeks. Could it be something about macosx.com using different domains for people from Europe than America? I remember you mentioning something like that... (testing quickreply now again... nope, doesn't work. as always in the past two or three months.)

Previous post was with Safari 2.x fully updated (no 3.x beta for me right now) on Tiger (fully updated as well). Now testing Firefox. Hitting quick reply...

It worked! But sent me to the forum homepage instead of the thread I was answering...

Now testing IE7 on WinXP (Parallels) on the very same machine. quickreply... works as intended, sends me to the right page, showing the new comment, although it gives a little error icon with a strange sounding (German) error message. something like "line 360, character 1, style is zero or no object". my translation could, of course, be off. either way: It's obviously

good on IE7 on WinXP
halfbaked on FireFox 2.x on Tiger
bad on Safari 2.x on Tiger

for me here.

Back