Post your desktop !

toast

Gone !
I've just installed Panther, which was an occasion for me to improve my desktop's appearance. Here it is ! Feel free to post your Panther (or simply OSX) desktop !

Attachments

• my_panther_desktop.jpg
    my_panther_desktop.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 263
Details:

Picture - Guggenheim Fund., NYC.
Icons - G5 system icons, Icon Factory.
Dock apps - Mostly Apple stuff, then Transmit, BBEdit, Photoshop, Toast, Word.
Folders in my Dock - Sites folder, Studies (Sciences Po) folder, Favorites folder (contains aliases to Quark, Mozilla etc).

toast said:
I've just installed Panther, which was an occasion for me to improve my desktop's appearance. Here it is ! Feel free to post your Panther (or simply OSX) desktop !

Nothing special here, just a simple and clean desktop. Wallpaper from nationalgeographic.com, most Apple apps in dock with Photoshop Elements, Macromedia Contribute and Send to Palm Handheld app. With Custom icons from xicons.com

Attachments

• system_osblue.jpg
    system_osblue.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 178
  • system_osblue2.jpg
    system_osblue2.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 156
Here's my latest one from work, after installing Panther.

http://www.halley-peabody.com/ljgwynn/20031028_a_work.jpg
http://www.halley-peabody.com/ljgwynn/20031028_b_work.jpg
(URL provided because the file size is too big to attach here...)

The background is something I created utilizing a piece of 3D art I found on the web. The icons are mostly from the Snow.E 2 set from http://www.rad-e8.com/ with a few others being from other sets. The items in the dock are (from left to right):

Finder | System Preferences | DragThing | Extensis Suitcase | Safari | Entourage | Mail | BBEdit | Xjournal | Terminal | Photoshop | Pixadex | ~/ | Utilities | Sites | Trash

The tabs on the right side of the screen are DragThing.

Ok Guys,

Only received my Panther yesterday, so here is a screenshot. I hate the brush metal finder, so I got rid of it with an application called "Whiteout". Can be found on VersionTracker.

The Desktop picture is a piece of art from the website: www.designchapel.com

Applications in the dock are too many to mention, but they are all the graphic/video apps on the market.

The search menu extra at the top is called iSeek, again from VersionTracker.

Waiting for WinXP theme update from Max :)

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 204
Here's mine! - Resized from 1280*1024 to 800*640! Panther with a few custom icons, but nothing 2 shout home about!

:D
desktop.jpg

Hope IMG embedding @ that small resolution isn't a problem?! :p

What prog are you guys using to change the system icons? Just curious what the best is, particularly for Panther...

If you 'Get Info' on any app/doc/ ANYTHING, u can actually select the icon in the 'Get Info' window. From there, u simply copy an icon from a 'Get Info' Window into the target 'Get Info' window. It's really nice and simple. This works for most apps... Some system-wide icons like Finder and trash i think require 'Candybar' or something alike to that!

Nothing much has changed on my desktop with self made wallp... errr... background image. On the right are some projects I am currently working on (various image files), my ipod showing its modified icon is currently mounted. On the button right I put some folders in dock wich contain various aliases to my 'not so needed applications'. So if I ctrl+click on one of these a menu with these aliases pops up.

Otherwise you see the the apps in the dock I use mostly:
Start button for Virtual PC which is handy (I still need WinXP for maintenance work on other computer)
Apples X11 prog for The Gimp, Word, Exel, Powerpoint, Safari, Mail (I manage all my contacts on my trusty white G3 700MHz ibook), Keynote (with another icon I didn't like the pedestal), photoshop, corel photopaint, preview, itunes, quicktime pro.

desktop.jpg

Thanks, Zammy-Sam. Honestly I envy some of your "custom desktop items", but its faster for me to restore the system after it is messed up (which rarely happens in OSX) to its "former glory".
I still have to find a HD icon which features a panther (the big cat).

My copy of Panther should be coming this Wednesday, so I'll post as soon as it's installed! So excited! :D

Jason: wholy Cow! You've got 7 hardrives? That's what I thought at first glance :D
But...what have you done? Partition? Into 7 parts?!? :p

*Gambit's lost...needs a map!*

/G

Back