Post your desktop !

had to edit some things. the 'frames' are part of the desktop picture, of course.

Amazing stuff you all have! On the other hand, I'm still waiting for Panther! :( I'm still using Jaguar :eek:

fryke, you using some special tool or did you just edit your wallpaper so you got those three frames? Looks really nice!

here's my desktop, I'm a big fan of comedy series "Father Ted," the Americans among us might not have heard of it but if anybody has any icons based on the series I'd appreciate some info!!

Attachments

• FinderScreenSnapz001.jpg
    FinderScreenSnapz001.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 91
Zammy-Sam: I've only created the frames in Illustrator, copied them to Photoshop and applied some effects.

Fryke, thats got me thinking. Wouldn't be nice to have 'drawers' that sprung out like that, for desktop elements. Personally i hate having ANYTHING on my desktop really, and this would be an ideal solution for me. I know you could use finder windows, with their auto 'move back on screen' behavior, but after seeing your screenshot, i'd prefer it to look like that! :p

Is anything like this available? Personally i hate those apps that kill my dock and give me drawers (LOL @ that statement sounds 'messed' up :p :p). I prefer the organic (if you can call it that) of Exposé, the Dock and other QE based features...

Nice desktops, people.

Mine's quite boring, really. And messy. And not my iMac's desktop but the desktop of the G3, which 3 people share.

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 89
neyo: you're right. i'd like that, too. of course my desktop picture was created because there actually _isn't_ a nice solution for such drawers. - not one looking like my drawers, anyway...

for now, i'll have to stick to my 'emulated' drawers. ;-)

arden, I thought this is a panther_post_your_desktop_thread?! :confused: Or did you just customize your panther like this? ;)

Resized for your enjoyment.

tripanther.jpg

My resolution is 800x600 (the largest the clamshell iBooks can get), and yes the icons are large.

I used to keep the icons really small to make the resolution look larger, but I think I like them big now. :)

Yeah trip you got me all claustrophobic! I've been using a 1280x1040 or something resolution on the shitty pc I have to use in tech class, and it's huge. Halo is a fun game too! Last year we had the battlefield 1942 demo's installed on out machines, and I would have to say that that game was better then halo. But really, I should be doing work there.
And arden - the picture is from somewhere in maylasia I think, I downloaded it off some web site. I love it.

Back