Post your desktop!

hulkaros said:
Being married has nothing to do with being able to recognize a piece of "art" when I see one ;) :D

Still, do you like the desktop? :)

Sure I like it. Guess more than I like to admit ;)

haley said:
"Apple News, Rumors, and Discussion"

Yes, I'd imagine that's why this thread has survived 424 postings, in this forum, without being moved, deleted, or closed...

Zammy-Sam said:
Sure I like it. Guess more than I like to admit ;)

:D

Back to desktop business... Here is a funny one although a bit out of sync with the time :p

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Smashed_Santa.jpg
    Smashed_Santa.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 48
Nice desktops everyone! My but you guys are tidy eh? Really getting into 'column view'? Its just nobody seems to have much on their desktops - I just spent half an hour clearing mine up and organizing and still have more than many i've seen on here...

This is my main work machine, with a photo I took a few days ago at the Tate Modern gallery in London:
http://www.benjamino.net/cab/wdt1.jpg

...although before I had this:
http://www.benjamino.net/cab/wdt2.jpg
...which is Egmont Park in New Zealand I think, from the nasa satellite page (the url is on my other machine)
By the way the 'Eye of Saruman' icon is ARD, and the 'Clone' is iLeech...

And this is my home machine, with a shot from a London blog called Urban75:
http://www.benjamino.net/cab/hdt.jpg

Sorry about the links, didnt realize the 100k limit (they are only slightly over) and can't be arsed to resize....

MacMuppet said:
This is my main work machine, with a photo I took a few days ago at the Tate Modern gallery in London:

What are the nice little tags on your desktop that look like bookmarks, or...?

Ripcord said:
What are the nice little tags on your desktop that look like bookmarks, or...?

If you mean the various coloured strips on the left, those are minimized Stickies. You can see the application in the dock next to System Prefs.
I have the same sort of deal on my home machine, but they're hidden - the icon is trasnparent in the dock (next to safari). I should have hidden them on the work machine for the grab but never mind...

Is there a link to the picture you have on your home desktop? The night-overhead view of a city? I would like it!

interesting thread, i followed a similar one on a PPC site about peoples work areas (desk, computers, etc). I think the exact opposite theme follows for most people's work area: MESSY!!! There were some peoples desks down in basements with manuals and old computer monitors stacked one on top of another dangerously high! Very strange, then again, I would guess that most PPC users were Windows lemmings anyway (weird bunch). There are only a few of us who are PPC/Mac people i guess...

Here's my Desktop - Synergy is the transparent iTunes window and the background is from just a few posts ago.

Attachments

• kdesktop.jpg
    kdesktop.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 100
here's mine... i like NOTHING on the desktop... so i have the files set to not show up unless i tell it to...

but if i were to take it off, pretty much half of the screen would have icons on it...

omg XP and Kazaa the paaaain.... :eek:

Back