Post your desktop!

Well, here's the latest shot from my iMac G5.

Attachments

• NixG-Desktop.jpg
    NixG-Desktop.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 24
And here's another shot of the same iMac G5 running Ubuntu Linux 6.06.1 LTS, albeit without sound since the ESD daemon is being impish now.... :rolleyes:

The background is basically the default Mac OS X Tiger background that I modified with Gimp to be green instead of blue. The theme is basically a modified Ubuntulooks that I called Ubuntulooks-GreenMod along with the Human/Clearlooks2 Metacity theme and the NuoveXT icons. I guess you can probably deduce what my favorite color is... :p

This is the same theme running on my x86 Ubuntu install on my HP craptop from work.

Attachments

• NixG-iMacG5-Ubuntu.jpg
    NixG-iMacG5-Ubuntu.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 23
Nice ying-yang and haiku, Amie :)

Here's my desktop(s). I think here I have Ableton Live and the Finder open, as well as Illustrator working on an eMac graphic.

Attachments

• Desktops.jpg
    Desktops.jpg
    700.6 KB · Views: 26
My current desktop, medium tidy and a photo i took

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    884.1 KB · Views: 15
Nice ying-yang and haiku, Amie :)

Here's my desktop(s). I think here I have Ableton Live and the Finder open, as well as Illustrator working on an eMac graphic.

Thanks.

Why does your desktop feel like I'm looking at two different computer desktops? I see one desktop with a graphic program open and another desktop with a purple lady on it. :confused:

It looks as though he might have more than one display and it's set to extend the desktop, so he's showing you a screenshot of both screens.

Yep. Just two desktops; like my sig says, I have a 19" Princeton attached to my eMac with screen spanning.

Ah, I see. I think... lol They are screen shots of two different computers/monitors? You just took shots of each and put the images side by side, yes?

Ah, I see. I think... lol They are screen shots of two different computers/monitors? You just took shots of each and put the images side by side, yes?

You're right. I just took the two screen shots into Photoshop and made them one image... sorry for the major confusion there. :)

You're right. I just took the two screen shots into Photoshop and made them one image... sorry for the major confusion there. :)

S'OK. I just keep forgetting that some people actually have more than one computer.

If there are any die-hard 80s music fans like me out there, particularly Tears for Fears fans, then you'll appreciate my current desktop...

Edit: P.S. The goofy-looking cat you see on the screen is my new virtual pet. ;)

Attachments

• TearsForFears.jpg
    TearsForFears.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 16
Back