Post your desktop!

Lt Major Burns

"Dicky" Charlteston-Burns
Amie said:
Ah, so you bought it recently, used. I see! How do you like it?
It's really nice! looks almost exatly like my friends brand new ibooks, except mine was a third of the price... the only prooblem is that it can't run videos much bigger than 420p :* (

Amie said:
I just noticed you're running Tiger on an older (G3) iBook model. With not very much RAM. It run OK?
It runs brilliantly, it's really fast, everything draws very quickly. in fact the only way i can tell that it's slower than my powermac is in the proper tests (video playback mentioned before etc). even dashboard is zippy (but i've just turned off all the widgets because you were the first person to question the ibooks ability to run tiger, so i thought i'd better at least try and optimise it :p)

tiger needs 256mb ram, and runs quite happily on 512mb, and this machine has 640mb, so it's quite enough...
 

Giaguara

Chmod 760
Staff member
Mod
I have my desktop background picture change every 30 minutes as random to some pictures in a specific folder, so this one is of today ...
Desktop earlier today (in a separate link as even if it's reduced to 800x600, it would still be some horizontal scrolling to some). Don't mind the blurry icons and stuff :D
 

Amie

Mac Convert for Life
Lt Major Burns said:
It's really nice! looks almost exatly like my friends brand new ibooks, except mine was a third of the price... the only prooblem is that it can't run videos much bigger than 420p :* (
Glad you like it. Yeah, the iBooks haven't changed much in the past few years. At least, not externally.


Lt Major Burns said:
It runs brilliantly, it's really fast, everything draws very quickly. in fact the only way i can tell that it's slower than my powermac is in the proper tests (video playback mentioned before etc). even dashboard is zippy (but i've just turned off all the widgets because you were the first person to question the ibooks ability to run tiger, so i thought i'd better at least try and optimise it :p)

tiger needs 256mb ram, and runs quite happily on 512mb, and this machine has 640mb, so it's quite enough...
Ohhhh ... OK, I misread the RAM in your sig. Yeah, 640 MB is plenty. LOL

My iBook came with Panther installed, but it shipped with the Tiger software installation CD. Been thinking about making the switch, but I just can't do it. I like Panther too much. :D
 

Lt Major Burns

"Dicky" Charlteston-Burns
Tiger is now mature enough to only be an upgrade to Panther, there is nothing that panther does that tiger doesn't do better now (unless you are talking to fryke :p). it's little details like expanded context menu's and other stuff that makes tiger really cool.
 

Amie

Mac Convert for Life
Lt Major Burns said:
Tiger is now mature enough to only be an upgrade to Panther, there is nothing that panther does that tiger doesn't do better now (unless you are talking to fryke :p). it's little details like expanded context menu's and other stuff that makes tiger really cool.
See, Fryke. We *do* agree on something! :D

Lt. Burns, I don't think it would be a good idea for me to upgrade to Tiger ... until I upgrade the RAM. As of right now, my iBook has 256 MB. Tiger won't run well on that. Needs at least 512 MB. And, to be honest, I don't need additional memory right now. I did some memory tests, and my computer is OK for what I use it for. I'd hate to pay for more RAM just so I could switch to Tiger. Seems silly to me.
 

Amie

Mac Convert for Life
When I saw this image, I knew I had to have it. lol
 

Attachments

  • My Desktop Today.jpg
    My Desktop Today.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 32

nixgeek

Mac of the SubGenius! :-)
Since nothing has changed on my Mac OS X computer, I decided to add the desktop along with a window describing my version of Gnome in Ubuntu Breezy on my work laptop. I tried to make it as Mac-ish as I could, but since Gnome still displays menus within Windows as opposed to having a universal menubar, it still looks somewhat Windows-ish. :rolleyes:

Nevertheless, here it is....
 

Attachments

  • Ubuntu-x86.jpg
    Ubuntu-x86.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 28

Qion

Uber Nothing
Hey, it'd be kinda cool if we could get some pics in here of Windows running on OSX and vice-versa... now that we have the ability to with INTEL!

(And no, I don't mean just booting into Windows on a Mac... like OS in OS views)
 

Amie

Mac Convert for Life
NO one liked my Apple Evolution desktop? Oh, come on, people! Where's your sense of humor. The image could not BE more true. lol
 

nixgeek

Mac of the SubGenius! :-)
Amie said:
NO one liked my Apple Evolution desktop? Oh, come on, people! Where's your sense of humor. The image could not BE more true. lol

I would have to agree wholeheartedly. It's the evolution of the geek for sure. :p
 

Amie

Mac Convert for Life
I second that! Thought I haven't mastered the Geekdom level that some of you have. Oh, the aspriations!
 

Amie

Mac Convert for Life
I change my desktop frequently, depending on my mood. Here's what my desktop looks like today. You can also drool over my new HD icon. ;)
 

Attachments

  • Desktop w:New HD Icon.jpg
    Desktop w:New HD Icon.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 32

Gig'

Listen2BobMarley
Just bumped into this one looking for ideas on how to customise my bike
 

Attachments

  • ganstachop_dtop.jpg
    ganstachop_dtop.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 31
Top