Post your desktop!

rhisiart said:
Well here's the latest. Simple.
Don't ask me why, but seeing the Finder icon as the HD icon is really unsettling. It makes me twitch just looking at it. lol

My boss used to keep everything on the desktop: icons scattered everywhere, random unfiled and forgotten bits. I rebelled in my own workspace. At first, I used Cocktail to remove the desktop completely, but I missed being able to drag clippings to it. I can open a new text file, do a Command-Option-H to hide everything else, and just see nothing but what I'm working on.

Attachments

• md_desktop.jpg
    md_desktop.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 46
Amie said:
Some are really quite good. You're just hallucinating. You really should cut back on the booze.

no, really. they're all hideous. the internet equivalent of those tobacco tins with the wacky colours, the cannabis leaf and the cartoon of a rastafarian with a traingular joint. awful. not apple at all. clean, simple, crisp lines. that's what you need. a good idea.

magilum said:
My boss used to keep everything on the desktop: icons scattered everywhere, random unfiled and forgotten bits. I rebelled in my own workspace. At first, I used Cocktail to remove the desktop completely, but I missed being able to drag clippings to it. I can open a new text file, do a Command-Option-H to hide everything else, and just see nothing but what I'm working on.
Ha ha ha ha! Love it! Good for you. :D

Lt Major Burns said:
no, really. they're all hideous. the internet equivalent of those tobacco tins with the wacky colours, the cannabis leaf and the cartoon of a rastafarian with a traingular joint. awful. not apple at all. clean, simple, crisp lines. that's what you need. a good idea.
Ah, live a little. ;)

I got bored with mountains, so I started using pix of my parrots of the desktop – rotating every 15 minutes.

Attachments

• CQ Desktop1.jpg
    CQ Desktop1.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 16
  • CQ-Desktop2.jpg
    CQ-Desktop2.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 18
This is my Desktop. I especially like the idea of the iPod in 4 different colors.

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    358.8 KB · Views: 18
So the Dock spacers worked out. They look good. Nice picture too.

This is my latest.

Yes, thank you. Are you the one who recommend those Dock spacers? It was a long time ago. If so, thank you for that.

I like your picture as well. Surf's up! ;)

Yea, I'd love and try to ride that wave, but I would be worried that a passing Norwegian whaling boat might try and harpoon me. Anyways, onwards and forwards with my latest diet!

Nifty desktop. It reminds me of a tranquil vacation with someone you care about, exploring life together. The command line adds to the desktop also.

Here's what my desktop looks like now--for a few days, anyway:

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 14
Back