Post your desktop!

21346566_7cfa37dd4a.jpg

RacerX said:
Well, I haven't added any shots to this thread in quite a while... so here is a recent change of desktop for my PowerMac 7500.

Hey RacerX. Good to see that your 7500 is still alive and kicking. Rhapsody is still running smooth on mine. :)

Nummi_G4 said:
Hey RacerX. Good to see that your 7500 is still alive and kicking. Rhapsody is still running smoothe on mine. :)
Yeah, it is a great little system.

I currently have two 8500s and a PowerTower Pro 225 in storage and had been considering moving everything to one of those systems, but when I was doing the modification a week ago I realized that (currently) I have something of an emotional attachment to the 7500.

I went through the same set of emotions with my 7100. But in the end, the fact that the 8100 had more memory capacity won out. I didn't something I hadn't done before with that switch... I used the name of my 7100 for the 8100 (I usually assign names to hardware and don't use them again on another system until I no longer own the original system).

Plus I been using the 7500 a ton more this week than I have in the last couple years. Usually I do everything on my ThinkPad. It may be slower, and not have as much of a software selection, but I could take it with me to work on stuff and it usually goes with me when I go see clients.

Now with the added real-estate on the 7500, it has a definite advantage when working on my projects over the ThinkPad (unless I'm away from home of course).

Anyways... it is great to know I'm not the only Rhapsody user left. :cool:

Here's mine, the "insane" one i have on my desktop during finals

Had to scale it down to post for some reason...oh well

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 27
Lt Major Burns said:
i. want. my own. net connection. for. my. mac.

Well, since Burns opened that can of worms.... here's my Windoze desktop at work. :p

I will post shots of my other desktops once I'm home. :D

Attachments

• windesktopclean.JPG
    windesktopclean.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 26
Well, it never mentioend anything about Macintosh desktops or Mac OS desktops...it was just assumed. :D

Besides, I have some Mac OS 9 and Debian/PPC Gnome screenies from my StarMax as well as System 7.6.1 from my Quadra....I might even include the one from my PowerBook Duo 230. :p

Here are the rest:
1. StarMax 4000 MT running Debian/ppc "sarge" w/ GNOME.
2. StarMax 4000 MT running Mac OS 9.1
3. Quadra 650 running System 7.6.1

I'll try to include that Duo 230 screenie soon ;)

Attachments

• StarMax-Deb.jpg
    StarMax-Deb.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 21
  • StarMax-Desktop.jpg
    StarMax-Desktop.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Quadra650.jpg
    Quadra650.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 32
No. This is a Mac site. No one gives a damn about stupid windows desktops. Go to aqua-soft of somewhere for that cr ap.

Well, the question posted (if you check in the first post on this thread) didn't specify Mac OS X desktops. And unfortunately, not everyone that enjoys Macs and this site owns a Mac. The ones I have are a bit old, but they are Macs. And I love Macs. If you look early on into the post, many others have posted their Windows desktops because that is what the thread said, "Post Your Desktop." This doesn't mean they hate Apple, the Mac, or Mac OS. And those that have posted their Windows desktops have also posted their Mac ones as well. So there's no need for the hostility. Most Mac users use lots of operating systems, so to come off with statements like that only makes it feel like one of those childish Windows forums, which this place is most DEFINITELY not.

I said I would do it, so here it is...

My PowerBook Duo 230 desktop picture. ::ha::

Attachments

• Duo230.jpg
    Duo230.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 44
A Mac is a Mac, regardless of age. As for Windows desktops, it doesn't matter - not worth getting vexed about it, but they aren't really interesting and I guess this IS a Mac site.. then again, if it's Windows running on a Mac we have a grey area. :)

This IS true, but again, not everyone visits this site on a Mac, nor do people visit PC sites on a PC. We use our computers to access the Internet, and again it was assumed that only Mac desktops would be posted. I wasn't the only one that posted a non-Mac OS X desktop (if you look throughout the thread), and I'm sure I'm not the only one that did so who prefers Macs over Windows PCs. Consider that I only posted it AFTER seeing more than a few posts of non-Mac/non-Mac OS desktops, and it wasn't a big deal then. What got me was that off-the-cuff post which was truly unnecessary. We all love using Macs and that's what matters.

It's not a problem my friend, only 1s and 0s as my old boss would say, I'm going to post some DOS/ViewMax and OS/2 shots :D

fjdouse said:
It's not a problem my friend, only 1s and 0s as my old boss would say, I'm going to post some DOS/ViewMax and OS/2 shots :D

HehHEHe....You know, I had actually thought of that...:p Looking forward to it..

I especially loved the Rhapsody screenshots from RacerX. :D

Back