Post your desktop!

I just posted a reply, along with the link to the Dock spacers that I use. I had never been to that site before. Looks very similar to this one?...

bobw, that thread that you sent me ... I replied to Ferdinan there. But I have a question: What *is* that Web site? It looks *exactly* like this site but a different color theme and it has "No Wonder" at the top instead of "Mac OS X"--but it's the *same* thing with all the same threads!

From an aesthetic view, I love the color on the No Wonder site. Of course, my favorite color is green anyways. :p Just a random blab from me. :) But yes, I was curious myself about that site.....I know that it was another site and that it was merged with macosx.com, but what would be the difference in going there or going here? Is that site more towards general things along with some macosx.com on the side?

NoWonder was a site owned by Scott long ago. He's brought it back and combined it with MacOSX.com. Basically the same site. You can use either forum, Macosx.com or Nowonder.com. The forums are the same including content.

Just didn't want to lose the name 'Macosx.com'

Ah, I see. Well, that all makes sense!

bobw, if you run into Ferdinand, let him know that there is a reply (link included) waiting for him.

Here is the first screenshot of my SPARCstation 10... running OPENSTEP 4.2.

The shot is grayscale as I only have a grayscale display for my Suns... which is actually fine for me. It reminds me of back when I first started using NEXTSTEP. :D

Overflow? Looks interesting. Hopefully a new Finder would boast similar good looks.

Here's my desktop currently:

(photo taken at Cinder Cone, CA)

Overflow? Looks interesting. Hopefully a new Finder would boast similar good looks.

Here's my desktop currently:

(photo taken at Cinder Cone, CA)

That's really a beautiful picture; it looks a bit cold for Cali, though...

That's really a beautiful picture; it looks a bit cold for Cali, though...

It was actually pretty warm; all the debris just make it look barren. I do have pictures of snow on Mt. Lassen, though. That was cold.
Cindercone was near.. Shasta, I think, and it looked stunning from where we were:

RacerX: Is that Fiend running in the Dock? I think I remember it from my Rhapsody days...

RacerX: Is that Fiend running in the Dock? I think I remember it from my Rhapsody days...
Yeah. I hadn't finished configuring it at that point, but it is one of the only ways to have a desktop image in NEXTSTEP/OPENSTEP (the other way I know of is by using ToyViewer).

I have a ton of apps and the standard NeXT dock is pretty limited in space, so Fiend is a great help for keeping all my apps handy.

So far the only NeXT app I normally use that won't run on my SPARCstation is FrameMaker... (it is compatible with NeXT, Intel and PA-RISC, but not SPARC). Otherwise everything else seems to be running fine... though I haven't gotten around to actually using (or entering the license strings) of most of them yet, but I have at least fired all of them up once.

It'll make a nice workstation for some of my math apps like Geomview, specially as the display on my SGI Indy is going out currently (so I need to find a replacement for it).

Back