Post your OS X.1 Desktop Pics!!!!

Originally posted by ~~NeYo~~
hehe... u did check the "About this Mac" Dint U?!
Hehe... thats why its Different...
its a real nice alpha blended animated cursor set... looks Good....
Holla Back, after ya check my pic again!
hehe!

NeYo

Ewwww... Windows??? Ewww.... Yuck!!! Ewww!!!

Icky!

Seriously. Thanks for getting my hopes up.

I'd love to change my OS X cursor.. NATIVELY.

i am stuck with this f'ing dell for the next 3 years until i pay it off (i am 14, so i went with the financing plans)... anyways... here's my piece of s* for a desktop...

god i'm gonna get flamed for this...

Attachments

• omg.gif
    omg.gif
    30 KB · Views: 133
Well... I won't flame you... BUT
It seems everyone finally gets to that point and realizes MS software basicaly suxass!

I know someone that JUST bought a Sony Vaio laptop... had it less than a year and wants to sell it to get a Ti Powerbook laptop. Same trouble always something screwing up.

I don't want to mislead anyone. Macs screw up too BUT far less often, far less critially, and when they do you can usually figure out how to fix the trouble.

The Vaio mentioned above has 512 megs of ram is brand new and runs windows me. it runs dogass slow. then all of a sudden decided to throwup it just wouldn't work anymore... We reinstalled and it couldn't detect hardware... the Skyline 802.11 airport card that previously worked fine no longer would be recognized it took me 3 days of tryingto get it to see it again.

anyway just my 2¢

that cool picture is located at:
/System/Library/Screen Savers/Beach.slideSaver/Contents/Resources

so get into the terminal and type:
cd /System/Library/Screen Savers/Beach.slideSaver/Contents/Resources (return)

then:
open *.jpg
and you will see them all popup.. decide what you like and move em:
cp *.jpg ~/Pictures/ (return - this copies them all to your pictures folder)

All the pictures from those apple slide-show screen savers can be extracted like that, they are located in /System/Library/Screen Savers/

Oh, and that graphic of the Desktop Recovery almost brought a tear to my eye

Originally posted by BlingBling 3k12
i am stuck with this f'ing dell for the next 3 years until i pay it off (i am 14, so i went with the financing plans)... anyways... here's my piece of s* for a desktop...

god i'm gonna get flamed for this...

LMAO... Wahoo...My PC Looks Awesome in Comparison!!
Awww...
Well As u can see dude... get Windows XP, and u can do a nice Conversion.. until u pay off that Awesome Dell...
BTW... What Spec is it!?

NeYo

Originally posted by Hervé Hinnekens
This is very unprofessional. Dell has not an AMD. What means SHAKIRA?

Well, what do u mean, bout AMD and Dell!?

As For Shakira... She's Tha Bird in on my Desktop!

NeYo

the specs on my dell were very good when i bought it in January, and it was intermediately priced at the time (about $2250... $3000 when you tie in 4 years of financing :( )... anyways... back to the specs...

866 MHz Pentium 3
256 MB of RAM (Upgraded from 128)
32 MB NVIDEA Graphics Card (I don't know what it is :p )
40 GB Hard Drive
17 inch Dell Monitor
3Com HomeConnect Phoneline Home Networking
56k Modem
Windows ME

My Internet: AT&T BI (yep.. i got screwed with the transition from @home)

NeYo... i have used Windows XP... i was part of the preview program since july (july 4th to be exact) and had to remove it when i formatted my drive (no reason... i just decided to start over...).

I am currently saving up every cent to buy my Apple and pay off my Dell. I'll probably have to put that on financing too and pay almost $200 a month to pay off both computers in 3 years time!

Oh well... the excitement of actually getting one is killing me...

also, neyo... HOW DO YOU GET YOUR COMPUTER TO LOOK LIKE A MAC? TELL ME! I MUST GET RID OF THIS STUPID WINDOWS GUI!

Oh...
i have used SOoooo Many Apps etc... 2 Do it...
But its a MEGA System Hog...

on Idle, i use about 260Mb RAM...

Luckily i have 768 :)

But, i could help ya, but most Progs, cost Money as well...and as u are still saving... Best Not bother!!
but i can see why, i have 2 "PUT UP WITH" Traditional Windows GUI @ College... and it looks awful now...
T'was Funny wen i had 2 make a new User on XP, and wen i logged in, it T'was Luna Blue, and the Typical background etc....
it seemed Soooo Weird! LoL!
I then realised how much i have added 2 my account, with this Mac Look! ;)

As For Xp...

I used a few BETA's...

Good Ol' 2250 (hehe... a Renamed Win2K! LOL)
2428 (LUNA! YAY!!!)
2462 (a nice BETA 2 Fix...)
2509 (RC1)
then i got 2600 :)

but i enjoyed using them... so i have practically been running XP all yr... And as i sed, traditional windows Sucks now!
Well 2 me!

NeYo

Originally posted by BlingBling 3k12
the specs on my dell were very good when i bought it in January, and it was intermediately priced at the time (about $2250... $3000 when you tie in 4 years of financing :( )... anyways... back to the specs...

I am currently saving up every cent to buy my Apple and pay off my Dell. I'll probably have to put that on financing too and pay almost $200 a month to pay off both computers in 3 years time!

Oh well... the excitement of actually getting one is killing me...

I think I've read some articles that recommended not financing computers... that was sometime ago...but I don't know how much has changed (about financing) since then...

I'm not going to tell you not to buy a mac... but you should think about what you do with your computer(s), and if you really need to get another computer for that...

well... for you that could be the only way you can get another computer now... but I just don't think financing another computer is a smart thing to do...

but of course, I don't know you, I have no idea what you do with your computer, or how much you need another computer...

man...when I was 14, I rarely had money by the time weekends had arrived... and hell, that was allowance, too... so, yea... I don't know if you wanna be listening to me about how to spend money...

beef... i bought this dell to do digital video and graphics, and also run my web company from it (that's how i'm buyin this one... having my own web design company at 14 :) ) how much was i lying to myself when i thought i could do that on a windows box...

this computer is not worth it anymore. when i went to dell.com to see how much i could get for it at this time... i can get around $400 for it... wow... i'm payin $3k for something worth $400... how much times have changed since january...

the place where i work (to do my pages... i can't work from home) just bought new mac G4's and they run excellent with everything that I want... and since I am really into digital video and DVD's, a powermac just seems right with all of it's features...

if anything, I could donate this to my school's tech lab and get a tax write-off or something... i'd of course pay it off, i can't get around that...

<font size="2">Some screenshots of my ever changing desktop <a href="http://homepage.mac.com/morrisseymj/PhotoAlbum5.html" target="_blank">HERE</a></font><p></font>:eek:

heres mine featured on resexcellence.com

this is from my iBook.
the g4 desktop shot is coming soon :)
07-31-02_Callender.jpg

Back