Post your REAL desktop!

Dual monitors are great! I have tossed out my 17" monitor for a 19" monitor... so I will have dual 19" monitors, same brand, in a week!

Admin

If I could I would squeeze my department to get me a new G4 and a 3rd monitor he he ;)

I like the dual monitor thing at work that I was seriously thinking a while back to get a second monitor for my home mac. I was kinda questioning the decision though since I have a G3 @ 350, and in a year and a half or so I will get a new mac. Sure I can use the monitors, but what about the investment of the graphics card ?

Maybe a cinematic display :p he he
(on a serious note, I have reached my budget for this year, so I cannot buy anything new without going over the limit I set for myself lol)

Admiral

While I may be blessed with the equipment, I wish I had more damn space. Four computers in one very very very small room is too many. Thankfully, with the TiBook/Airport, I'm able to make any room my workspace if I get too cramped. Also comes in nicely when the girlfriend want to check her email/get a recipe online while I'm in the middle of rendering an image and using all the computers as slaves to the Dual800.

Anyway, here it is - labels and all!

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 126
I respectfully say
YOU SUCK!!!!
I am so envious!!!!!!!! :D

Have you clustered the G4 and teh Quicksilver under OS X ?

Admiral

Clustered? Hmmm. No. Not really sure how that would benefit me, or how I would go about doing it...

I do use the G4/400, PBG4/500 and the P3/800 as rendering slaves in Bryce. I haven't gotten Newtek's rendering nodes working yet under OS X so I've yet to use them with Lightwave. I have a love/hate relationship with them...

The Dual800 gets most of the attention lately. The G4/400 was kept around for use as a web server, but since I can't get DSL here, and my Cable modem is DHCP, I'm afraid that's out the window until I move to a new location. The PC is my test box for web pages and all stuff that people intentionally lock the Mac out of (b@st@rds).

The TiBook is the roving computer that usually resides in the living room, always on, useful for checking facts/email/macosx.com/macosxcentric.com instantly without having to enter the batcave and neglect my girlfriend.

Back