Powerbook G4... How can I restore it?

No, the memory is much simpler.
Flip your PowerBook over, and remove 4 screws from the small panel on the bottom, and there's your memory slot.
If you only need memory, that takes less than 2 minutes. You also have to remove that panel, which has one screw inside that goes up into the keyboard.

no you dont have to take off the keyboard to add ram, but the hard drive yes, but you have to take off the memory door on the bottom, and theres a black screw that hold the keyboard down from the bottom, you have to take that off, and the F1,F2 and F11 and F12 keys, take out the silver screws and the keybard will slide up, be careful pulling it up, you have to disconnect the ribbon, be care full dont grab it and pull, take a flat head and kind of rotate it, and the ribbon will disconnect, take out all the the screws, and allen heads next to the powerbutton and left side. the left screw is longer, so dont forget where it goes, keep in mind that not all of the screws are the same size
Good Luck

Yep, that one actually looks like the original, the ibooks and powerbook chargers have little lights, usually yellow, that glow when you have them plugged into your computer, and since its a 65W that tells me that its right, because my 12in powerbook and 15in powerbook both take 65W chargers, and thats the correct plug. And if you scroll down a little bit on the ebay page, it tells you the compatible computers, and yes yours is in there.
Good luck

That one is the same thing, a little cheaper with free shipping, and it comes with a bunch of different wall adapters.
Read carefully, it comes only with the U.S. plug unless the purchaser specifies a different adapter plug.

That note is at the very bottom of the list of compatible computers.

The one that Jesse714 found is not an Apple replacement, but a cheap knock-off. It doesn't appear to have the power LED in the cord connector, as the real ones do. That one would be a 'cheap' mistake....

WOW. Replacing that hard drive was definitely a doozy...30 minutes and about 20 or so tiny rice sized screws later I removed the old HD and plugged in the new one. Waiting for the power cord from the UK, memory, and the OS.

After you've replaced your harddrive and added the RAM, you'll want to decide what you'll actually _use_ the notebook for. If you truly want it to be mobile, you might want to replace the battery. (Of course you'd have to test the battery first in real life conditions, but after 2-3 years, those batteries often need replacing.)

The machine works *very* well for basic stuff in 10.4.11, but 1 GB or 1.25 GB and Leopard _can_ be taxing for anything higher end than, say, office and web browsing stuff.

Of course the screen also is a tad small for most things, at 1024*768.

For any installations, you'll require a retail version of Mac OS X. I personally would recommend the Mac OS X 10.4.6 installation disc. You can easily update to 10.4.11 afterwards, which gives you a nice responsive system.

It's for someone who is just going to start art school. They won't be doing heavy duty graphics stuff for awhile, but I'd like to install photoshop, illustrator, and indesign... is this a good idea for either tiger or leopard?

Back