Preorder Leopard From Apple Store

bbloke

Registered
The Apple Store has been down but has just come back up.

Leopard ships "by October 26th." (Surprise, surprise!)

£85 in the UK.

As the title says, you can now (from about 5 mins ago) start to preorder Leopard for release on the >>>26th OCT<<<

picture1xo9.png

(Beat me to it!)

I'm really digging the new packaging and desktop picture! :)

OK, more on pricing:

Single user: £85
Family pack: £129

Single user with educational discount: £58.75

Minimum system requirements:
  • Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5, or PowerPC G4 (867MHz or faster) processor
  • 512MB of physical RAM
  • DVD drive for installation
"Pre-order today for free shipping by October 26th."

Damn! So it is true; my aging G4 will not run Leopard... :(

And, good for you, Scott!!! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Out of interest, did the system requirements change at all between the development versions and the release? The 867 MHz specification is one thing I seem to remember.

Does Apple ever give a discount on a new OS for a recently purchased computer? I had to get a new laptop a month ago. Will I have to pay full price?

Aha, I've just noticed this:

http://store.apple.com/Catalog/uk/Images/promobar_leopard_utd.html

UK Apple Store said:
Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard and its 300-plus new features and innovations are coming Oct. 26, 2007.

If you buy a qualifying Mac between October 1, 2007 and December 29, 2007, and it does not include Mac OS X Leopard, you're eligible to get Leopard after it's released for just £5.95.

In the US Apple Store, it states $9.95 plus tax.

VAT on Shipping or different British shipping rates? Maybe it is the stupid usual price gouging?
Hmm, the page only states:

http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/promobar_leopard_utd.html
US Apple Store said:
Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard and its 300-plus new features and innovations are coming Oct. 26, 2007.

If you buy a qualifying Mac between October 1, 2007 and December 29, 2007, and it does not include Mac OS X Leopard, you’re eligible to get Leopard after it’s released for just $9.95 plus tax.

There is also the Up-to-Date Program's page: http://www.apple.com/macosx/uptodate/

It doesn't mention shipping costs, though.

LOl... I bought my MacBook Pro on Sept. 28, but I lied and said Oct. 1 on the qualification page and it worked! :D

Yes, I was proud of myself. If Apple decides to track me down then I guess after I get released from jail I'll have to pony up the $130.

I pre-ordered mine a few days ago, and being in Australia I'll hopefully become one of the first to get my hands on a copy! Can't wait to give it a go, hopefully it arrives early Friday morning or even Thursday if I'm lucky.

I just realized they released what all the 300 features are and I'm not to impressed, some of the stuff is cool though.

Pre-Ordered!!! Can't wait for Friday! Supposed to be delivered Friday, October 26th.

Does anyone know which version of Apache Web Server & PHP does 10.5 ship with?

Back