Preorder Leopard From Apple Store

I placed a order for copy from Amazon and when I got the email they were not even going to ship until 11-30 so I cancelled my order. I just will pick up copy local Apple store Friday night hopefuly will score a tshirt while I'm at it.

Well, thats just as good as buying it from the online store, but there will be lines, so you might want to go early, does it come out at 12:00 am or some time during the day like he iphone.

SO it pretty much means you get it before everybody else, I ordered a family pack yesterday and hopefully it will still come friday on time.

Only one more day to wait...it says Prepared for Shipment, so hopefully I get it tomorrow sometime.

Out of interest, did the system requirements change at all between the development versions and the release? The 867 MHz specification is one thing I seem to remember.
Well I am going to give it a go on my 800MHz G4. Who cares it it takes Spotlight three days to find a file... I want a new toy!!!!!!!!!!!!

will it install on an 800Mhz machine? I figured the installer would check your system specs and prevent you from continuing if you did not meet the requirements. I've never tried installing an os that did not meet the specs before though, so i'm probably wrong.

My copy should be arriving in a matter of hours. However, it's going to take me at least a day to back everything up and prepare for it all. Now that I have boot camp and virtual partitions, too, it makes this process even more complicated and slow. still, it forces me to clean up and throw away that folder I haven't touched in a year.

Apparently, a TDM install has worked on unsupported hardware. I'm sure there will be more ways around this - it doesn't make much sense for Apple to do much locking down here. Unless they really want to get us off the PPCs.

What you do is boot into target mode on the slow computer, then run Leopard on the fast one and install over firewire, did it all the time on ilife '06 since its was only for G4's and I had a G3.

Obviously, that workaround doesn't work intel -> PPC, and G5 -> G4 may not either.

(unless system is universally bootable?)

Someone tried installing from a G5 to a G4, and it didn't work, but that was a developer release.

I got a message earlier this evening that my pre-ordered copy shipped this evening and will arrive at 10:30 a.m. tomorrow via FedEx (free Priority Overnight shipping). :D

They still haven't shipped mine, and I ordered an hour after they started taking pre-orders. I even paid extra for overnight :mad:

got mine 7 hours ago :p

unfortunately, all I had time to do was backup my data, ready for reformatting tonight after work. I love the box art, beautiful!

I got a message earlier this evening that my pre-ordered copy shipped this evening and will arrive at 10:30 a.m. tomorrow via FedEx (free Priority Overnight shipping). :D

Oh got that to, and all I can do now is wait, and I need to back up my data....

got mine 7 hours ago :p

unfortunately, all I had time to do was backup my data, ready for reformatting tonight after work. I love the box art, beautiful!

Possibly because your in Australia?

Leopard has arrived in Switzerland. However the carrier, TNT, has been caught unprepared and is unable to manage the flow of deliveries. In their great wisdom they marked all customers as "out for holidays" - which is not true of course.

My FedEx delivery for Leopard did say 10am delivery. However, FedEx notes at 8:12am, an "Exception" with "Future delivery requested" and now shows delivery by 5pm.

WOW... Apple really worked with FedEx to make sure we don't get them early. That kind of sucks. I was hoping to install this morning. Oh well, probably a good thing since I need to work. ;)

Back