printer paper driver source??

rbelsha

Registered
I have an Epson Stylus Photo R1900 printer. Haven't changed any settings and I keep getting this message:

The Source selected in the printer driver is not appropriate for the paper that is loaded in the printer. To print on a CD/DVD, first remove the paper and then open the front tray. Load the CD/DVD tray into the front tray, then resume printing.

I'm just trying to print on paper I've used before, not from a CD or anything like that. I'm so confused and they don't open till 6am pacific. Help.

I just set up a new Epson Stylus Photo R1900 printer and am having the same problem message "The Source selected in the printer driver is not appropriate for the paper that is loaded in the printer. To print on a CD/DVD, first remove the paper and then open the front tray. Load the CD/DVD tray into the front tray, then resume printing."

This seems to be a specific problem with Quark. Anyone have any help on this?

What paper size and setting do you have defined in Quark for your document? What paper size and setting are you selecting in the printer driver?

I also have this problem, after being able to use it normally I updated to solve a different issue and now I have this.

I notice that when I choose summary from the print dialog, the Print Settings are for Roll Paper but this is not what is selected, choosing different paper will not change this. Any help out there?

I had made a custom paper size and used the default margins for the R1900 which are zero. margins of zero make the printer think it is roll paper.
Change the margins in your custom paper settings to any value other than zero (according to tech support) and then the printer thinks it is regular paper.
I used values of 0.1 cm for all four sides and now I have print outs again.

Has anyone found a fix for this issue?

Mac 10.5.8 here and having same issue. When I go to the Printer Utility it all comes up blank, and updating drivers and reinstalling the printer have not helped. Still waiting for word from Epson on this one too.

There seems to be 2 different issues in this thread - which are you having?
The invalid reference to CD printing?
OR the incorrect setting for roll paper?

Because I have no printer utility I cannot change it to 'roll paper' in the printer options. So when I try to print I get the message that the OP stated. And when I finally do get it to print, the printer still thinks it is getting sheet fed, so once it is done printing (say an 8.5 x 11) then it continues to feed foot after foot of blank paper through (because the printer is trying the find the end of the sheet).
I ideally need this to work with a custom size, but I get nothing in my print dialog at all for custom sizes and roll feed (again, probably because my printer utility is blank).

Back