Problem with ethernet conection

emidaza

Registered
Hi i had a problem with an Imac power pc OS X tiger.Sometimes when i turn on de mac,it stars ok but in Network it shows that the ethernet conection is off and the cable is fine,all the other macs are on.After turning off the mac and desconecting the energy cable and starting it again the ethernet starts working.Does any one know whats the reason of this?

Your PRAM battery may be dying. Depending on what kind of iMac you have, it may be easy or difficult to replace that battery.

Do you have a G4 or G5 iMac? What specific model?

Well first Reset Your PRAM to see if that helps. Also check the Ethernet cable and the router/switch in connects to. Plus is this cable CAT5, 5E or CAT 6? How old is the Ethernet cable and router/switch it connects to?

the ethernet cable is working fine, i tried three diferent cables and nothing,the router is ok because i had other two machine conected without problem, the only solution was turn off and then disconect energy cable.ill try reset PRAM

Hello,

the router is ok because i had other two machine conected without problem
--> Sometimes, router is not functional even if a few machines are connected (did you try inverting ports ?)

--> In this case, your problem is probably related with PRAM.

Sorry, English is not my first langage.

Back