Problem with iTunes and iMovie

DeltaMac

Tech
I'm trying to make a wonderful slide show in iMovie, and I want to add some background music from my iTunes playlist, but iMovie 3 refuses to find iTunes at all! What can I do? I have up-to-date software. Drop down menu to select iTunes says 'iTunes 3.0 not found' I've tried creating a new user log-in, just in case some user pref was to blame. I've removed these apps and reinstalled, even tried reloading the Combined 10.2.4 updater, and repairing permissions, pretty much to whole nine yards. Just so you know, I have a 500 MHz iMac with 1Gb ram, I don't usually have many problems, but this one is totally annoying; so small, yet I can't figure it out. One final item - I don't move Apple and System apps from original locations, and I also don't make changes to default locations for user files. Any ideas welcomed!

Sorry, no error messages actually noted. IMovie and iTunes both work just fine, except for attempting to import from iTunes to iMovie. iMovie simply shows that 'iTunes 3.0 not found' That is the item in the iMovie Sound effects drop down list to choose other sources. Is there a way to setup the path for the supposedly integrated iTunes, which I am simply missing? :(

Back