Professional and EASY web building software for OSX?

kaarelcool

Registered
Hi!

I just bought myself 12" PowerBook G4 1.33GHZ.

Could you suggest any web building software for MacOSX that would be easy to use.I wouldn't want to deal with code a lot.Still I would like to make the page look professional and if possible use password protected areas as well.

Any suggestions???

Thanks heaps,

Kaarel.

The only real thing I can think of is Dreamweaver, though even that can be daunting at times.

If you can handle code, I highly recommend Taco HTML Edit.

mamboserver.com

i pretty full featured web site. it requires a few extra things like PHP and MYSQL, but you can get them as Apple installed images.

I use "NVU"
http://www.nvu.com/index.html
I used this when I was running Windows, so my switch to the Mac version was a natural path.
It has all the features I've ever needed, is well maintained, and above all easy to get started with.
Also being "Free" is a bonus.
jb.

No-one mentioned iWeb. i've never used it, but i'm assuming people are boycotting it's rather shoddy HTML coding technique...

Satcomer said:
Well I have seen a webcast from ScreenCastsOnline about Rapidweaver and their webcast tutorial. So here is Part 1, Part 2 and lastly Part 3 of their tutorial.
Yep, when I read the topics heading I dived into this thread with Rapidweaver on my mind and about ScreenCastsOnline tutorials. If you look at ScreenCastsOnline web site, that was all made on Rapidweaver

So simple to use, for example, to make a photo gallery choose a iPhoto album from the list, click preview and it's all created for you. Has other features, blog assist, file sharing, put in your own codes etc, publishes to .mac or to your own site, pretty cool.

It is pretty much iWeb which has been around lot longer of course, and maybe more stable ;)

Lt Major Burns said:
No-one mentioned iWeb. i've never used it, but i'm assuming people are boycotting it's rather shoddy HTML coding technique...
Yup, probably so. Professional and iWeb aren't proper associations as of yet (maybe this'll change in the future).

BBEdit is my choice in the purist category, Dreamweaver in the non-purist category.

My major problem with iWeb is the limited template selection, and the very limited ability to change those templates. Certainly doesn't fit the "Professional" requirement.

Back