Quicktime Streaming Server

johnnymike

Registered
I want to stream live from a conference room going direct from my Prosumer camera through my laptop to the internet for remote viewing in real-time. I understand that Quicktime Streaming Server within the OSX Server will accomplish this. However the specifications for QSS say - Mac server or desktop computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5, or PowerPC G4 (867MHz or faster) processor. It sounds like this can't be done with a MacBook Pro even fully tricked out. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about this issue?

Thanks

The Mac OS X Server software doesn't really care what kind of machine it's installed on... you can install and configure Mac OS X Server on your laptop just fine.

I'm a bit confused. If you read the literature at the link you provided, it says you can do what I need with QT Broadcaster. Yet it also says - The combination QuickTime Broadcaster, QuickTime Streaming Server and QuickTime provides the industry’s first end-to-end MPEG-4-based Internet broadcasting system, which allows you to reach not only the large and growing base of QuickTime Players, but also any ISO-compliant MPEG-4 player. Whether you are a novice or a professional, QuickTime Broadcaster is designed to meet your needs. -

So do I need OSX Server? Under the requirements for QT Broadcaster, it only lists QuickTime 7.3 or later, and makes no mention of QT Streaming Server.

Back