remaining reasons for forcing us back into OS 9?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No audio apps work. Propellerheads Reason, and Steinberg Cubase.

Scanning - No drivers from UMAX for their scanners
......Yeah this apparantly sucks...

SCSI SCSI SCSI SCSI !!!
everything sticking out of my Adaptec 2930U SCSI card
doesn't work - that in includes a yamaha 4x CD-r,
a Umax 1200 scanner, and an external HD.
My SCSI zip works fine though....
.....I winder why i cant get my Zip 250 to be recognised......?????

My ONLY reason... ProTools... I am still waiting for the OS X version. But the cost of replacing more than $20k worth of plug ins might stop me from moving on to OS X. Unless the plug in companies will give us free upgrades.
........I feel ya bro..

And finally, ProTools. Even if a native version of ProTools and ProTools LE makes the scene by MWSF 2003, adoption of an OS X version will be slow. This is mainly due to the importance of plugins.
..... When it does finally fully cross over, I'm sure it will be worth the wait....

Please take the poll in the OS X SYSTEM/SOFTWARE forum regarding FULL-TIME OS X status... I want Apple to see how many people are still on 9... at this point it's 50/50 but there's way too few votes on the poll so if you wander over there for a click it would be kewlness indeed...

:)

Originally posted by bookem
No audio apps work. Propellerheads Reason, and Steinberg Cubase.

Not entirely true. Although I suffer the similar problems. Reason DOES work in X, however on my 333 g3, it runs a hell of a lot smoother in 9. Peak runs better in 9 than it does in X as well. Also Recycle doesnt work in X yet. Nor the 400lb gorrilla, Digidesign ProTools (although they are announcing Version 6 this Xmas and promise X compatibility).

When jaguar first came out I thought I was free to dump 9 forever, but ironically, I have reverted back to using 9 predominatley due to my softeware needs and the fact that 9 is speedy on my old powerbook. After using X for awile on an older mac, switch back to 9 and be amazed at the speed difference.

please note that this thread was started about a year ago and many of the responses here are no longer valid. anyone who wishes to discuss this subject would be better served by starting a new thread that addresses the current state of compatibities.

for this reason i am closing this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back