Removing autofill address in Mail?

Ynought

Registered
when i start to type a persons name in mail os x starts to fill in the email address. that's great sometimes. like when the address is the correct one. but a lot of times old, invalid address come up and not new ones. is there a way to make it so those old address to not autofill?

Easy fix! Launch Mail and go to the menu item 'Windows' and select "Previous Recipients" and delete what you want.

Didn't you both just say the same thing?

"Delete what you want" -- well, if I want to delete the ones I don't want, aren't I deleting the ones that I want (to delete)?

I go there and regularly delete all of the autofills just to keep things neat. Lots of times I only email a person one time (like for an eBay sale), and I don't want to take a chance on sending something to the wrong person. Deleting all of them has no effect on your address book, addresses will still autofill from there just fine.

I work in a law office and we are encouraged to delete autofills regularly at work so as not to take a chance on breach of confidentiality by sending an email to an unintended person.

Back