Renaming "The Cafe"

In Honor of Bobw, Your Pick to Rename "The Cafe"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This may be the right Bob's Genius Bar ? (forget my other thread in this case)

Cheryl, I like your idea. I am still open for ideas or suggestions before making the change official. I have added his avatar though and we can work on wording as well.

I really dont mean to be offencive to Bob or anyone here but this doesnt really sound like a good idea to me.

Im sure Bob was a great asset to these forums, but in all honesty I have no idea who he was, and I have probly been around these forums for well over a year now.

Naming a forum after him seems strange to me (being someone who has no clue who he is)

To me it makes about as much sense as this:
Imagen if at apple, Geoff from Marketing Died. Him and Steve were real close and Steve knew Geoff loved to send emails and would swear by mail app.

So why not change mail to 'Geoff's Application' in OSX and change the icon to this picture of a fish he has on this poster in his office (Geoff loved to fish when he wasnt at work)?

No one would have any idea who geoff is and what the application is. Expecially people new to OSX.

These names make me think of a place where Bob writes a weekly colum or something.

I dont know, maybe im being over the top. But it just seems rediculous changing a name to somethng confusing.

How it is at the moment with just "Howdy! Pull up a stool, discuss whatever is on your mind.
Dedicated to Bob Wood." Is a nice touch I think

Back