Renaming "The Cafe"

In Honor of Bobw, Your Pick to Rename "The Cafe"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
........Imagen if at apple, Geoff from Marketing Died. Him and Steve were real close and Steve knew Geoff loved to send emails and would swear by mail app.

So why not change mail to 'Geoff's Application' in OSX and change the icon to this picture of a fish he has on this poster in his office (Geoff loved to fish when he wasnt at work)?

No one would have any idea who geoff is and what the application is. Expecially people new to OSX.....
I think you're missing the point. You're comparing apples with pears. This a community. Communities are made up of people. People matter. Software apps maybe useful, but they matter much less. The renaming the Cafe is a mark of respect for someone from our community who we now miss. I doubt whether newbies will get confused.

There are _many_ insider jokes and the likes when you're new to a forum. I guess figuring out what "Bob's Place" is about is rather easy. Compared to all those newbie-threads that end up in the HOWTO & FAQ forum because they name their threads "How to 'solve my problem'?"... ;)

A sticky thread will explain what the forum is and what it is for. So will the forum description.

I really dont mean to be offencive to Bob or anyone here but this doesnt really sound like a good idea to me.

Im sure Bob was a great asset to these forums, but in all honesty I have no idea who he was, and I have probly been around these forums for well over a year now.

Naming a forum after him seems strange to me (being someone who has no clue who he is)

snip snip

How it is at the moment with just "Howdy! Pull up a stool, discuss whatever is on your mind.
Dedicated to Bob Wood." Is a nice touch I think

Many of us have worked with Bob, spoke with him, questioned him, and laughed with him on sites that came before Macosx.com. While I agree that newbies will not know Bob, I think many will see the dedication and realize that he must have been one hell of a guy and the people on this site are compassionate.

For those of you who don't know about Bob, check here

Another reason I think renaming the the Cafe is good because, it shows the people who come here that we actually care about the members. it brings the people at the forum more together and more of a closer community and it will make people who come here want to stay, it makes people feel at home almost, I've gone to so many forums and they make you feal like your just some guest that they answer your question and there done with you.

Attn: bobwasagoodguy

This is Bob's son.

As I've told Scott through previous emails, I've never been to this site until my dad had passed. When I told Scott about my dad passing, he immediately asked me if he could post something about him on this website. Since then I've checked back everytime I was near my computer because of all the nice things people on this forum were saying about him. My family, friends and I have been on the website repeatedly since Tuesday when this message board opened and it has been the topic of conversation many times so far.

I figured once we (my family & all of our friends) got through the funeral and started moving on I would post something thanking everyone for all of the nice things that were said about him, but I once I read your initial post I couldn't wait. So here is my 2 cents.

First cent, you're an idiot!

Second cent, if you were really a decent person and weren't trying to be offensive you wouldn't have created a new login name as "bobwasagoodguy" to disguise your true identity. You would have stated your true feelings and put your name behind them because you believed in the words you were saying (That I learned from my dad).

On a lighter note, I like alot of the names people have already listed.

What about "Bob's iPad"?

P.S. - Jim I will see you on Monday. He thought the same of you and your brother!

Bobw jr

Bobw Jr.: Nice of you to stop by and leave some words. I'm sure most of us here appreciate it. About the idiot(s): Just ignore them. It's a sad truth that some people simply don't get some things. "The internet" is often seen separated from the real world, and in some way, it is. We "know" people from their avatars and the things they post, yet it's still entirely different from knowing people in real life. When real life meets the 'net, as in this sad case, not everyone is suddenly aware that a little tact would make more sense. So: Ignore the idiots. Nothing else makes sense, I believe.

I like to have Bob's Saloon or another similar thread or forum. We have Hervé's Bar and Grill.... now we also have Bob's place. That's sad and that's good. It's our history.

I just hope we'll not have Chevy's too early !

Poll added. Choose the ones you like... we will go with the winner. In the event of a tie, we will have a second poll to pick which one. If another tie, I will choose the winner.

So how long is this pole going be?

Oh, a couple feet I suppose! :)

(poll)

picture1vy3.png

This is soo sad, Specailly because he PM'ed me and helped me a good few times. I didn't no him personally, but at least he died doing what he loved and also did it with Style!

Sorry for everyone effected.

Jamie Saunders

I will be putting together a Memorial Page for Bob, with the help of his son, once things settle down for him.

Back