Republican or Democrat or other?

R or D or O

• pure R

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • pure D

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • R with some acceptance for a limited number of D ideas (please comment)

• D with some acceptance for a limited number of R ideas (please comment)

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • other (please comment)

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • religion is more important that politics

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • human beings are more important than politics

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • ideas can change people

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • I don't care

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

drunkmac

has a mac beyond repair
Just post it. No big long stories about how you and Nixon were best pals in the 70s or whatever, just wanted to see who was who :)

Registered Democrat.

Registered Independent. Political views: Moderate. Some superficial folks consider this "indifferent." By no means am I indifferent. :)

nixon and i were best pals in the 70s. we used to golf a lot and i helped him make a lot of confetti one after noon for his nieces birthday party out of a lot of old documents he had lying around the office.

despite our friendship, i never considered going republican. im still to this day a proud card carrying member of the whig party. :D

Registered Independent...I vote for the one who'll do the best job, regardless of his party affiliation.

Republican - Moderate and wishing Elizabeth Dole had won the nomination last time around (remember she tried).

Republican because I think logically and therefore understand that a war on terrorism doesn't just mean a war on Afgahnistan or Bin Laden.

Registered democrat.

Though plenty of Democrats piss me off, and I like John McCain to some extent.

I don't know much about american politics... but it looks like "logical" is used instead of "simple". Maybe not everything is that "logical" or "simple". I have no clue what this means for internal US politics. I just understand that sometimes the "simple" or "logical" ideas do not apply everywhere, and for sure not in countries with a long history (I mean more than a few hundred years) and a complex organization of their society.

You asked for a poll, here it is ! (nothing official, of course !!!, don't take it too serious: we will not chose the next US president here, most of you will have another opportunity to tell who you want)

I voted choice 3, D with some R.

I favor many ideas thought of as liberal, such as:
-Keep the Bible out of our lawbooks
-Provide some (though not unlimited) safety net for our citizens who suffer terrible setbacks through no fault of their own
-Protect the environment even if it bites into profits - there are always new ways to make money, but only one biosphere.
-Equal rights for every gender, race, and sexual orientation
-Our country should behave as a citizen of the world, not as the neighborhood bully

But there are some conservative ideas I like too
-Smaller government
-Fiscal responsibility
-In some cases, the death penalty is justified.
-Personal responsibility; ie fewer laws whose only function is to protect people from their own stupidity; fewer ways for killers, rapists etc. to escape punishment.
-I never thought of this as a Republican idea until recently, but go figure: Human Space Exploration. Strongly in favor of that.

Harvestr said:
Republican because I think logically and therefore understand that a war on terrorism doesn't just mean a war on Afgahnistan or Bin Laden.
Yep. I agree... It means following the "logical" argument that the Iraqi's must be to blame. After all... How else would they have been able to acquire so much oil.

Aww, Tommy, don't be so harsh...;) Just because the poor sap thinks there is a link between Saddam and terrorists doesn't make him or her a bad person... we just need to enlighten these people; let them realize that the reasons terrorists are in Iraq is only because we invaded in the first place.

I don't claim that Democrats have a monopoly on "logic," or anything like that, but once you realize who's who in the world, and you realize that hatered only breeds more hatred, I think you're at least a little closer to enlightenment.

Being from a different country I couldn't vote but I would have to lean toward many of your democratic ideals. Though we do favor much harsher criminal penalties and would like to see cruel and unusual punishment brought back to the states. Embarasement and public humility cut back on crimes quite a bit. All I care about is please don't take my pineapple sweet away from me.

adambyte, maybe you don't understand that a War on Terrorism is a war agasinst TERRORISTS!

Hatred breeds more hatred? What do you propose we do then, fight terrorists with flowers and song? I bet you are an appeaser. If you are, then history proves your way of dealing with killers doesn't work. It never has and never will. I'm all for peaceful negotiations, but if those do not work and the other side decides it is going to continue to spread despotism across its country and spread terrorism as well, then military action is necessary. Sad but true is this reality of our world, yet it isn't going to change. A link between Sadam and 9/11? You are right, it might not exist, but do you honestly think he has absolutely nothing to do with terrorism at all. Come on dude, don't be that naive/stupid. If you honestly think he didn't have anything at all, then that is sad. We know for a fact that he used chemical weapons on his own people in the past. We know he hates us and he is a rich dictator that has commited terroristic acts in the past. So, he is on the list of targets in the War on Terrorism. Save up your tears for the next war. Yes ye of little intelect, there will be more wars. Unless you want to risk your life on the actions of terrorists within our shores, I say you just sit back and enjoy the comforts and security provide to you by the efforts of Bush and other like minded people who understand that evil exists and it will grow unless you stamp it out.

Back