restore Power Mac G4

cbr12004

Registered
Can i download PowerMac G4 Software Restore onto a CD in order to restore my mac. I don`t have any CDs as i purchased it from a friend.

Ugh... as said many times before, a computer without the restore CDs is like a car without keys -- would you buy a car from your friend and let him keep the keys?

No, you can't download them from anywhere. You either need the original CDs/DVDs that came with the computer, or your need to legally purchase a retail set of OS X install CDs/DVDs.

Kindly ask your friend to complete the computer purchase and include the original restore CDs/DVDs that came with the computer. After all, they're no good to him/her anymore, and the operating system license should travel along with the computer -- which means that the restore CDs/DVDs should, as well.

Eventually, you will find yourself in a situation where you cannot proceed without the operating system CDs/DVDs. You need them, as they include vital disk-checking software, password-resetting utilities, and reinstall capabilities. Your first quest in enjoying your new Mac should be legally acquiring some Mac OS X install CDs/DVDs.

Buy a cheap firewire external disk and clone the current setup because Carbon Copy cloner will make the Firewire disk bootable.

By the way please do not post the same question twice.

Back