right clicking on a mac!

billsmith26

Registered
i have a mac powerbook pro....anyway i want to download these mp3.'s from the internet and save them in itunes. on a windows i would right click and "save target as." how can i do that on my mac and get them into my itunes library?

In Safari, Control-click then select "Download Linked File". Or, alternatively, Option-click to download the file immediately.

A right click on the Mac is Control-click.

And if you decide to purchase a two button mouse, Mac OS X supports them so you can right click to your heart's content. :D

not to sound like an idiot, but could you explain what you mean by "control click" sorry....im really new, less than a month! thanks for your help and patience.

Of course hold _down_ the control key while clicking. (Just want to make sure...)

I have a two-button mouse with scroll-wheel on each of my Macs. As far as I can tell, any standard USB PC mouse will work. I've also got a "mighty mouse". The scroll-ball action is very smooth (until you get biscuit crumbs inside!)

The differences between right button (or '<control>', for single button mouse) clicking and right button <option> (or '<control> <option>', for single button mouse) clicking are: the former saves the selected item to the browser's pre-defined 'Downloads' folder; whereas, the latter allows one to determine where to download the selected item to, via a navigation window.

The 2-button mouse is the ONLY way to go, especially for a PC convert. I was going mad when I had the "Mac" mouse but when I finally got my 2-button back, I was able to relax...

On a mac you can add to to the right click selections (right click selections are called 'contextual menu items' on a Mac). You can get a whole bunch of free ones and ones you have to pay a shareware fee for. You can get a lot of contextual menus items from VersionTracker and/or MacUpdate.

You can right-click on a MacBook or MacBook Pro by putting two fingers on the trackpad and clicking. Very speedy.

Holding the option key makes normal things do slightly different stuff. Like Option+Make a new playlist in iTunes makes a smart playlist, and Option+Shut Down means don't show me the warning dialog box.

When you Option+Click on a link in Safari, it means, instead of following the link in Safari and showing you what's behind it, download the contents of the link to your Downloads folder.

Back