Safari only opens pages on the second try

I had this problem as well. What I've read (as a non-expert) suggests that it is an Internet-wide problem with the DNS servers. I tried disabling IPv6, but that did nothing. Here's what finally fixed it for me -- adding the entry 4.2.2.2 to the DNS server list in the Network prefpane. So far, so good. Hope this helps.

I rarely ever have to load a page twice. I use a Netgear 814 Wireless. Both Macs and a PC behind the router load pages fine. 10.3.6.

I just added that to my DNS list to give this a shot. Don't know what it does though? What does it correct?

Tetranucleic said:
I had this problem as well. What I've read (as a non-expert) suggests that it is an Internet-wide problem with the DNS servers. I tried disabling IPv6, but that did nothing. Here's what finally fixed it for me -- adding the entry 4.2.2.2 to the DNS server list in the Network prefpane. So far, so good. Hope this helps.

I am a complete newbie to Mac's, as such I ran into this problem of not being able to connect to the internet. When I first got the machine it had 9.2 on it and I was able to play around on the web. When I upgraded to 10.4.6, I could no longer get access to the web. It kept telling me that I did not have a connection, but the other 6 windows machines had no problem. I read Tetranucleic's post and added the 4.2.2.2 to the dns server list, and I can now surf fine. Before I had added the dns server list my isp provided, and it did not work. Thanks for posting that information.

Rich

Back