Safari with Tabs (v62 - v71)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by fryke
Hmm... What do you guys think: No official Safari updates until WWDC? Can't be, can it? (addicted to Safari builds...)

WHAT?! WHAT?! :eek:

No this can't be. I want an official download with tabs soon.

Using webcore/javascriptcore v68 with the Safari v67 build isn't exactly recommended. It seems like the v68 webkit (which you can't get open source) has changes in it, as well as the .nibs, which you don't have, Cat...

Of course not!!! I was just speaking hypothetically! ;)

Wow. I just tried a Woltlab page in Links and I can see it perfectly, I can log in perfectly with Links...

And never with Safari. No one I know using Safari manages to use Woltlab BBs .. can't log in, password protected pages simply don't load.
Besides Links is so much faster.. :D

So, Chimera - Links - iCab / Exploiter - Safari here ...

As has been discussed before (this is a long thread), so far v60 is the latest official beta release, v67 is the latest leaked build (and Apple has stopped releasing Safari builds to developers for now), v68 is the current webcore/javascriptcore released to the public. This can be compiled with the Developer Tools following Dave Hyatt's instructions, but using v67 (or earlier) with the newest frameworks is not _that_ good an experience, as some stuff is broken, because you're then missing - among other things - webkit v68.

So if it's all beta, and there is no chance in a hot spot that this is a commercial thing - if it costs ten cents, its back to chimino - why not let it be "official". After all, v60 is an update on the original.

Why not enable the tabs by default and post it on the apple website? By the time Mr J gets to show it in his keynote, it's all old news anyway.

I don't see why Apple is being so tight-lipped about betas of free software anyway.

pds: The majority of Mac users does _not_ care about betas that much. They're using the supplied webbrowser, which is Internet Explorer. To them, the official public betas of Safari have much more appeal, and the day when Steve announces that Safari is 1.0 and "available today" and the new default web browser on new Macs, then they'll switch to that. Tabs are going to be new news to them, as they've never even heard of the concept of tabs in a browser. So, in this light, it makes some sense.

If apple doesn't give a new public beta soon i'm going to 'find' a newer version.

Please release one apple. Please

Still waiting for official releases later than v60.

v69 was rumoured to have leaked today, but I found v71 instead. it's out there. :rolleyes:

Anyone currently using v.71--- Is PithHelmet working with it?

Bah, I'll prolly just take the plunge and check it out anyways. ;)

I have this weird problem with 71. I see every page with this HUGE font size. How can I fix this? I wanted to try if Woltlab structures FINALLY would work but I can't rally stand this font size. It did it earlier as well, with 6x.. :confused:

Just to save you from headache: I scaled the screenshot to be only 50 %.

::alien::

Attachments

• problemwithfont.jpg
    problemwithfont.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 25
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back