Safari with Tabs (v62 - v71)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by serpicolugnut
Don't forget Phoenix, which will supplant Moz 1.4, and maybe even IE 6...
Unless I'm much mistaken Phoenix is a Win and Linux browser. Has this changed? I thought we were talking about OS X [implied] browser wars?

There's a version for Mac OS X someone has compiled. It looks okay - but pretty much like the Windows version.

Originally posted by Stridder44
I still feel compelled to wait for an official release...v60 works fine for me, no complaints here. (Dont get me wrong, Im not saying other unreleased versions arn't good);)

O:)
me too, p2p is just not my cup of tea. but I would reaaally like to see the update

oh, by the way steve... what are you gonna do about my battery???

::evil::

I guess everybody missed the memo on Mozilla/Phoenix...

Mozilla Roadmap

Basically, the large app called "Mozilla", which is the browser, email client, composer, address book , and IRC chat client, will be abandoned after the 1.4 release. At that time, Mozilla will use Phoenix as it's base, focusing on a smaller and faster client.

This means that the new "Mozilla", (which again, is based on Phoenix), will be maintained and updated for all major platforms, OS X included. You will see milestones and nightlies, just like you see now for Mozilla (currently at 1.4). Currently, Phoenix for OS X is just a tech demo by Kevin Gerich, who ported it over in his spare time.

Whew... Does that make sense to everyone?

:)

Phoenix on windows feels / looks (i've been said so, i don0t use windows) like the early stages of chimera.
i don't want to have 10 browsers. only some that work. camino works, safari latest works (untill this i didn't really like it), icab and links are ok for testing and alternation purposes, and exploiter for the sites that don't want to work in mozilla-family browsers or links. i have tried the other mac browsers too, but elimintaed all of them as useless.

doesn't seem like. but then again, v71 feels safe. if nothing groundbreakingly new is in v72, i dunno why bother...

Not unless you are a paying developer (Select or Premier ADC membership). And even those have not been seeded with the latest Safari betas, as could be read all over the web.

Closing the thread because of Beta 2 (v73) release. I'm sure there'll be another thread like this soon after v73+ has leaked. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back